Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey all!

So here's my collection that I've been sitting on for some time.

Even though many might seem the same as before, they all are either refurbished or new.

Just extract the zip file and place the Keyboards folder directly on your internal memory card. Inside the folder is also a Keyboard Notes file that should be simple enough to use. Whatever layout you want, just copy and paste it in Xterm.

Okay, so Xkbd is very temperamental. Meaning that the Ctrl, Alt, Minimize, Exit, and Mod keys require their own button alone without anything underneath it.

Because of this, and the attempt to limit the screen space, many of these simply just aren't featured in the keyboard design and layout.

Also, some of them have multiple keyboards, because of this, I strongly suggest installing Bash2. For some reason, if exiting from a plain Xterm, there are times when the keyboard will still stick to the screen.

Unless you know of another way to kill Xkbd, you won't be too happy.

One other thing, if you are seeing capital letters right away, click on the Caps Lock button "^", exit from it, then start again.

So yeah, several of these layouts don't have an Exit button so make sure you know how to handle such a thing.

Anyway, on with the junk!

First off is the *Flat bottom keyboard*
No excitement on this one. Very little special function keys are featured, but at least it tries to stay out of the way on the screen.

Two keys that you won't recognize are:
Small circle = Escape key
Small x = Delete key

There is no Exit button on this

Next we have another *Flat bottom keyboard with numpad*
This is the same as above, but rather has a Numeric keypad that joins it. This is really great for a late night, Telnet gaming session just before passing out in bed.

I wouldn't use this keyboard though for more than a half hour since the strain and flexion on the wrist might become painful for some.

Sometimes, on rare occasions, the two keyboards overlap incorrectly (you'll immediately see the red backspace key), just exit and start it again. (Sorry, I have no idea what causes this).

There is no Exit button on this

Next is *Right side keyboard with no minimize feature*
I actually use this with Dosbox and a few other gems.

Then there is *Left side keyboard with no minimize feature*
This is perfect for those who are left handed or are running something that isn't full screen.

Moving on, there's also *Right side keyboard with minimize feature*
Because of the minimize key, things get a little shifted around.

With that, there's the *Left side keyboard with minimize feature*
Again, perfect for lefties and those who are using something that isn't full screen.

There's *Dosbox keyboard for righties*
Simple enough, just use this for Dosbox since it takes up all of the screen area when running this fine emulator.
The keys you might not understand are:
NL = Num Lock
SL = Scroll Lock
Ps = Pause
Circle buttons are the direction keys.

*Dosbox keyboard for lefties*
Same as above but for all of you freaks that insist on using your left hand. *Weirdos*

Finally there's *Bottom keyboard for rotated screen*
If you have the rotated screen feature, this is something you might find useful.

I left out 8 screen shots since I thought I'd basically be spamming this thread with unrelenting pictures. If you would like to see them all, go ahead and ask for it.

Otherwise, just open up that Keyboard Notes file, copy and paste whatever in Xterm and find out for yourself.

Any gripes, complaints or suggestions on either making a keyboard better or an idea for a new layout, feel free to post some feedback.

Here's the zip file to put on your internal memory card.
For weird reasons, it didn't take this file, look at the next post.

Last edited by Addison; 2008-08-27 at 07:50.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Keyboards.zip

The last post didn't take my keyboard file, just trying this again.

Okay, it should work. Download this file and then pepper me with tender kisses.

Last edited by Addison; 2008-08-27 at 07:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I left out 8 screen shots since I thought I'd basically be spamming this thread with unrelenting pictures. If you would like to see them all, go ahead and ask for it.
Consider it asked.

Well, given that these keyboards also have a Shift and Modifier key, I actually could post another 24 or so screen shots, but I'm not going to do that.

Here's two more, this should give you at least an idea about the rest of them since they all share the same dimensions on the display screen.

*Dosbox keyboard for righties*

*Right side keyboard with no minimize feature*

Cheers.