Notices

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
I haven't looked at YouAmp in a while. You've made good progress.

Took me a little while to get Preferences|Music Folder|Other working.
First I didn't realize that you need to doubleclick on the desired directory and hit Open,
or it reverts to the entire card.
Then it takes a program restart to get it to update the database,
and hitting Browse to make the cleaned database apparent.
Got it now, though, and it all works.

Albums play alphabetically. Is there a way to play in track order?

N800 running Diablo 4.2008.30-2

---------------------------------------------

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
I've reinstalled youamp 0.3.8-3, and there are two problems:

1. When I start it, it scans everything (including the ogg files from the Maps application in /media/mmc2/map/navicore/sounds). It should wait for user configuration before scanning the memory cards.

2. In the Preferences / Music Folder, I get:
  • mmc-undefined-name-internal (2)
  • mmc-undefined-name
  • mmc-undefined-name-internal
so that I don't know what they correspond to. Choosing "Other..." makes it clear, though.

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
Albums play alphabetically. Is there a way to play in track order?
Related to that, is their a way to build playlists and use them instead of ogg files? My ogg files don't have track information (as this doesn't always make sense because some long works are on several CDs, which must be played in some order). This is what I do with VLC on my desktop machine.

Originally Posted by Stephe View Post
I am having some problems with the latest version of YouAmp, 0.3.7, that were not present in previous versions.

2) The bold text at the top of the window that normally lists the currently playing song name with the album and artist now always says "No Track."

3) Songs start playing at a very low volume. I have to go to preferences and touch "No Replaygain Amp" by changing the value from 0.0 to 0.1 and back to 0.0 to get normal volume.
I believe I have found the problem. I was using the Ogg Support package from Tuomas Kulve. After uninstalling that and using the gstreamer0.10-plugins-ivorbis package mentioned above, both these problems are gone.

I am curious. Any idea what made Ogg Support not work anymore?

Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
Albums play alphabetically. Is there a way to play in track order
They should play in track order already. Is your order set to artist?

Playlists are on the ToDo list, but not with a high priority. last.fm submisson is the next big thing. But dont expect anything soon; my exams are approaching.

Originally Posted by MadMan2k View Post
thats strange. the "No module named gnome.gconf" message means that the package python2.5-gnome is missing. But that should not happen since I explicitly depend on it...
It appears this may be back. I have both an 800 and 810 with the with latest 2008 and the same apps installed. YouAmp 0.3.8-3 works on the 800 but not the 810. The 810 gives a message about gnome missing when started from the terminal.

The only difference I can find is the 800 has python2.5-gnome 2.18.0-losso3. The 810 has python2.5-gnome 2.18.0-losso4.

I think I did an apt-get upgrade on the 810 but not the 800. I don't want to try the 800 for fear of breaking that.

Both the 800 and 810 show fully updated when going through the application manager in blue pill mode.

In red pill mode the 800 shows a bunch of updates (including many python updates) where the 810 shows only 1 for the OS.

It appears to me there is new version of python gnome that is affecting YouAmp.

I have been through this thread and nothing seemed to help.

Any other info I can supply to help?

youamp 0.4.0 is out. it mainly features last.fm support. right now you will have to restart in order to connect.

@rone:
I have 2.18.0-losso4 installed, so it must be something different.

Originally Posted by MadMan2k View Post
youamp 0.4.0 is out. it mainly features last.fm support. right now you will have to restart in order to connect.

@rone:
I have 2.18.0-losso4 installed, so it must be something different.
I installed the new version to see if it would help. It did not.

I am getting the following error. Any ideas?

~ $ youamp-player
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/youamp-player", line 4, in <module>
import youamp.controller
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/controller.py", line 16, in <module>
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/config.py", line 4, in <module>
ImportError: No module named gconf
~ $

sorry, thats really over my head. I have now bumped the dependency requirements to the latest versions as a last try.

Other features in the 0.4.1 release:
* submits to last.fm are now non-blocking
* fix submission logic
* move cursor on shuffeling/ unshuffeling

thanks for putting up a new version.

I have loaded the new version but I still get the same error.

Anybody have any ideas what I should try?

I am not desperate enough to reflash. It takes way to long to re-setup everything again.