Active Topics

Notices

I just noticed that youamp will no longer open its preferences window, and sometimes the program itself won't open. Seems like I've been updating this program quite frequently, today's update broke it I guess.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rone View Post
~ $ youamp-player
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/youamp-player", line 4, in <module>
import youamp.controller
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/controller.py", line 16, in <module>
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/config.py", line 4, in <module>
ImportError: No module named gconf
~ $
python-gconf is broken in several versions of pymaemo. MediaBox works around this by shipping a fallback gconf module which uses gconftool-2 for accessing gconf.

For YouAmp, it could help to upgrade pymaemo. However, I don't know which version finally fixed it or whether it's still broken.

Originally Posted by chrisak View Post
I just noticed that youamp will no longer open its preferences window, and sometimes the program itself won't open. Seems like I've been updating this program quite frequently, today's update broke it I guess.
try to start it from the terminal as "youamp-player" to get a proper error message.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
python-gconf is broken in several versions of pymaemo. MediaBox works around this by shipping a fallback gconf module which uses gconftool-2 for accessing gconf.

For YouAmp, it could help to upgrade pymaemo. However, I don't know which version finally fixed it or whether it's still broken.
I have only encountered that once with the first release of YouAmp on Chinook, but when I bumped the dependancies it went away. I think diablo should have the fixed versions only.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I do have the latest pymaemo installed.

Mediabox runs fine on my n810.

I just tried mClock, which is also a python app and it gives the same gconf error.

Originally Posted by MadMan2k View Post
try to start it from the terminal as "youamp-player" to get a proper error message.
Here are the errors I am getting:

On startup:
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/controller.py", line 164, in _now_playing
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_connected'

Trying to open Preferences:
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/controller.py", line 178, in _show_preferences
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/ui/preferences.py", line 94, in __init__

After trying to open Preferences, Youamp will not exit cleanly. Python remains running.

thanks, that seems like a real bug. An updated version is under way.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
any chance of seeing youamp remembering where in the individual file one was the last time the program was in use?

I tried to implement that some time ago, and got it working on the desktop system. But on the N8x0, it worked only for ogg files, since the DSP messed up the timings.

I reflashed and restored my backup. Youam now runs but does not find any of my mp3 files. Preferences are also not working for me. I did try deleting .musicdb but it did not help.

--startup error
load_track: could not find tree path

--preferences error
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/controller.py", line 178, in _show_preferences
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/ui/preferences.py", line 94, in __init__