Thanks so much, penguinbait. I'm going to sign up for the $5.99 plan and configure as you described - I'll let you know if it works! Cheers.

Originally Posted by kgirl2 View Post
Hi all - this is my first post and I'm glad this forum exists, because I am ready to smash my forehead through this table. Perhaps you can help.

I have a new N800 and T-mobile mobile phone service and am trying to figure out how to use my mobile phone as a bluetooth modem (I have a Motorola RAZR v3). I'm having the same basic problem as the original poster, and I understand the solution, but what I cannot figure out is what service plan, or service options, I should have subscribed through T-mobile USA to make the solution work for me. Specifically, I am pretty sure I need a data plan (instead of simply a voice plan), but T-mobile's website is spectacularly unhelpful. Right now, I have a myFaves voice plan, which does not include any data options. Last night I was up until 2am trying to figure out what my T-mobile data options are. There's a $19.99/month Hotspot option, but that seems wrong. There's also the T-mobileWeb, which seems closer, but suggests that you can only access certain sites directly on the mobile phone, which is not what I'm trying to achieve.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I admit I'm not particularly tech-savvy, but I can follow directions. Thanks.

You don't need a $19.99 data plan. I have T-Mobile and use only the $5.95/mo T-Zones (or whatever they call it) plan. Set your access as wap.voicestream.com NOT internet.voicestream.com.
Neil

What's the speed that you guys get from T-zones? I got 43 down and 17 up (from Speakeasy Speed Test page). Coming from Cingular's 3G, quite an adjustment I'd say.. (I used to get average 1000 down and 300 up on Cingular's MediaNet).

Oh well.. I guess you got what you pay for. At least I can check me some emails while on the road..

Hopefully T-Mobile will roll out their 3G network soon

Originally Posted by sbiegalski View Post
I had this exact same problem, and could not get it resolved through Nokia’s tutorials, or by using any of T-Mobile’s OTA updates. I now have stumbled across a solution, purely by trial and error, and would like to share what finally worked for me. The following assumes that you have already successfully paired your N800 with your mobile phone.

In the N800’s Connectivity Control Panel, click Connections, then New [or edit your existing connection to match], name the connection “T-Mobile Internet” , and set the connection type as “Data Call”. Click next. Set the dial-up number as “*99#”, leaving all other fields on this screen blank. Click next. On the next screen click advanced. On the advanced screen click the Other tab, and in the Supplementary AT Commands field, enter “at+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet3.voicestream.com”. Click OK. Click Finish.
Back at the top menu bar, click the globe icon, then select connection, and choose the connection you have just created. At this point the globe icon will begin blinking a phone icon right in front of it, and after a few moments you should see “Connected to T-Mobile Internet” in a pop-up window.

Hope this helps!

Hi
I found that just going as far as *99# mine worked perfectly but, if I put all your changes in I got an instant restart

Im in the UK and on T-Mobile with a web nd Walk contract for £7.50 per month using a SonyEricsson K800i.

Thanks a bunch sbiegalski I was getting almost to the point of sending the N800 back :-)

0nyx =

Ok...I just got the n810, and having major trouble pairing w/ Tmobile, via a Motorola Rizer-Z3. I've tried the connections wizard, and get the n810 to say "connected to Tzones", but the network times out.

I've also tried a new "TMobile InternetCall" per the instructions here, and the bluetooth connection is simply refused.

So far, this is a complete no show...and is also about 60% of why I got the n810 in the first place.

Help!?
Thanx!

Are you guys sure *99# is the right number to dia? My N800 has been using *99***1# successfully for some time w/Tmo's Unlimited plan (though that is with a Palm Treo).

Originally Posted by andyr View Post
Ok...I just got the n810, and having major trouble pairing w/ Tmobile, via a Motorola Rizer-Z3. I've tried the connections wizard, and get the n810 to say "connected to Tzones", but the network times out.

I've also tried a new "TMobile InternetCall" per the instructions here, and the bluetooth connection is simply refused.

So far, this is a complete no show...and is also about 60% of why I got the n810 in the first place.

Help!?
Thanx!
You are using T-zones ($5.99), I assume?

With a Nokia 3555, I'm running:
wap.voicestream.com
*99#
<no authentication>

proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080 (for both http and https, at least)

The proxy is likely the issue. It defaults to 216.155.165.050:8080 for http only, which doesn't work.

Thanx for the response! Actually, I'm now running the full 19.95 internet connection (after Tmobile said t-zones was not setup as a full browser-capable service).

Still having the same problem. I'm in Chicago, and have tried setting the proxys to 216.155.165.50:8080, and no proxies. Also tried using wap.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com, and internet3.voicestream.com.
Am currently trying iterations and variations, but so far...nothing.

Meanwhile, Tmobile has recommended their new Sony Ericcson phone, with another 2-yr signup (sigh).

Hmm... covered everything I know of, unless it wants authentication? (No auth needed here with T-zone, and I don't think it's supposed to be needed for any of the APNs.)

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chicago, IL
Also in Chicago, but using an N800 and T-MO total internet package ($49.99), the connecton on the N800 is defined as T-Mobile Internet and the settings are *99# and internet2.voicestream.com, works all the time.