Active Topics

Notices

the preferences bug is fixed in the 0.4.1-3 version. You can set the music folder there.

Originally Posted by MadMan2k View Post
the preferences bug is fixed in the 0.4.1-3 version. You can set the music folder there.
I'm using 0.4.1-3 and I can't open the preferences window.

Code:
$ youamp-player

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/controller.py", line 164, in _now_playingAttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_connected'

File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/player.py", line 132, in _set_duration

gst.QueryError: query failed

File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/controller.py", line 178, in _show_preferences

File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/ui/preferences.py", line 94, in __init__

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_connected'

File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/controller.py", line 217, in quit

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_connected'
Cheers!

I indeed did not fix that issue properly. -4 is on the way. report back if does not fix the issue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadMan2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ France
-3 release didn't work for me (no preferences, youamp exit problem). -4 works fine.

An old problem has resurfaced with -4. The highlighted song in the playlist is not advancing as the next song is played. I see the following when the next song is played:

get_seek: query failed

Also, on startup, I see:

Exception in thread Thread-1:
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 486, in __bootstrap_inner
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/threading.py", line 446, in run
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/scrobbler.py", line 98, in _login
NameError: global name 'handle_hard_error' is not define

Originally Posted by MadMan2k View Post
I indeed did not fix that issue properly. -4 is on the way. report back if does not fix the issue.
preferences now work for me.

problem now is in updating the database. It never updates because of the following error. The mp3 plays fine with the built in player.

Added: file:///media/mmc1/mp3.pda/country/alabama/07 - When We Make Love(1).mp3
Bad ID3 Header, skipping: /media/mmc1/sykes/090808_Sykesshow_part3.mp3
Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method Library._update of <Library object at 0x418ce080 (youamp+library+Library at 0x260460)>>
File "debian/youamp/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/youamp/library.py", line 174, in _update
AttributeError: 'Library' object has no attribute 'uri'

hmpf, i did some code refactoring for 0.4.1 and now there a some rarely triggered errors out there. I fixed the last bunch of them.

The "query failed" thing is rather a warning, when gstreamer does not respond in time.

0.4.2 is coming...

Great! Thanks!

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
just a small request/suggestion.

When selecting an artist from the list, the list shows music for the selected artist. When going back to "browse" - the list resets to the top.

So - fx. when hitting a wrong artist (one above or below the one I actually wanted), I have to hit browse, and then scroll down to the artist I want.
It would be nice if browse remembered where it was in the list when going to artist and back again (does that make sense)?

I already thought of that too, its definitely on the todo list now.

edit: done in svn

Last edited by MadMan2k; 2008-09-16 at 18:25.