Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Thanks, though I was trying to setup the VLC telnet backend (in Windows). I already have it setup in irreco and it works fine in Linux. But I can't seem to get the backend to connect to Windows (I've even tried turning off the firewall).

Though I still have to get around to setting up foobar with telnet support.
I tried this myself, it seems that Windows version of VLC asks for password when using telnet. (You can find it in preferences->control interfaces). And current telnet backend does not have means to provide it.

You could try if you can disable the password and see if it helps. (Did not help me, though)

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Hello

As i have mentioned earlier VLC's telnet interface is very buggy. For example if you left that password field empty when adding telnet interface from VLC's menu, password wont get disabled.

So only way i got it working was to start VLC from commandline and set no password.
For me VLC and telnet interface works fine also from Windows Vista.

Start command promt, go to the directory where you installed vlc (where vlc.exe is located) and run this command:
vlc -I rc --rc-host :4443 --extraintf wx

Remember that atleast windows version of VLC supports only one telnet connection at time.

I must admit that using VLC with telnet interface is not the ideal way I will contact VLC developers so that they atleast fix that password bug from upcoming VLC 0.9.

Let me know if this wont help.

//Sampo

How do I know if I set a password (as far as I know I don't think I ever did). Though I've tried that command (and the suggested one by VLC_Help on the forums) and neither worked.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
I read using telnet over IR device for the irreco to work. Is it limited to watching on computers with wireless network adapter only or...? I have NEC tv and last time when I tried using it I couldn't locate my tv model in its menu and didn't bother to go ahead with the requirement to buy extra IR device in my mind. So, if it can support NEC, I'm ready to buy IR device and if it can work with just telnet then it would be even better... btw, I'm using N810 and I'm trying with all my effort to get as much familiar as I can with it..... thanks

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ France
Hi,

I'm being creating some buttons for my remotes, and i want to move the text verticaly (because i don't want my text vertical-aligned)
on the irreco page they talk about Pango Text Attribute Markup Language http://library.gnome.org/devel/pango...kupFormat.html
and there is an attribute :
rise :
Vertical displacement, in 10000ths of an em. Can be negative for subscript, positive for superscript.

and it don't seems to work :/ .. are all theses attibutes implemented ?

Thanks
Kytrix

Hi everybody,
I think it would be so much simple to use this kind of stuff "Remote Control using the Audio Port":

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mobile/PocketBeamer.aspx

The device looks pretty simple and it should not be expensive, and does not require anything else. As simple as outputing audio, except that it should be 40 KHz

edit:
The device is as "Total Remote" from Griffin Technology but it's discontinued...and was only 26$.

Last edited by quad; 2008-09-15 at 13:12. Reason: new info

Originally Posted by Kytrix View Post
Hi,

I'm being creating some buttons for my remotes, and i want to move the text verticaly (because i don't want my text vertical-aligned)
Center alignment is currently hardcoded in Irreco. Sorry
But it should be pretty easy to add support for valign and halign, so maybe ill do it tonight. :P

on the irreco page they talk about Pango Text Attribute Markup Language http://library.gnome.org/devel/pango...kupFormat.html
and there is an attribute :
rise :
Vertical displacement, in 10000ths of an em. Can be negative for subscript, positive for superscript.

and it don't seems to work :/ .. are all theses attibutes implemented ?
Irreco does not really implement these, Irreco just calls gtk_label_set_markup - function. The rest is up to Gtk.

But as far as i understand rise property controls the position of letters in relation to normal text, so they should not work the way you are trying to use them..

So you probaly have to use it with normal text, or it doesnt do anything.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vienna
Ok I have been using this for a couple of days now and its pretty awesome! However there are at the moment 2 things missing which I would like to suggest (I might implement some of it myself if I get a bit of free time soon):

Suggestions:
*Button Press and Release Commands
Say if I want to turn up the volume by 10 i have to tab the button 10 times. Supporting lircs SEND_START and SEND_STOP would be awesome here.

*Toggle Buttons
It doesn't appear to me that you can setup a toggle button at the moment. For example my Amp takes 2 different commands for turning it on and off (lirc), this would save some space since you would only need one button instead of two.

-Bugs:
The execute each command every Xs option doesn't save the value.

-Questions:
Where do you store the device controller settings (i.e. the commands for the command line backend)? If you have got lots of commandline cmd's that you would like to add, editing the file from your notebook is a lot faster

-Conclusion:
It is already an awesome program and I am planning on making some button sets/themes too the next days - keep up the great work.

Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
Ok I have been using this for a couple of days now and its pretty awesome!
Thanks

However there are at the moment 2 things missing which I would like to suggest (I might implement some of it myself if I get a bit of free time soon):

Suggestions:
*Button Press and Release Commands
Say if I want to turn up the volume by 10 i have to tab the button 10 times. Supporting lircs SEND_START and SEND_STOP would be awesome here.

*Toggle Buttons
It doesn't appear to me that you can setup a toggle button at the moment. For example my Amp takes 2 different commands for turning it on and off (lirc), this would save some space since you would only need one button instead of two.
You are welcome to contribute.
If you really are going to do some coding, post and we see that you get latest source code. Public SVN is a tad out of date.
There have been some talk about keeping button pressed, but I think there were some possible issues.

-Bugs:
The execute each command every Xs option doesn't save the value.
We'll put yellow post-it note on wall about this and someone will look into it someday.

-Questions:
Where do you store the device controller settings (i.e. the commands for the command line backend)? If you have got lots of commandline cmd's that you would like to add, editing the file from your notebook is a lot faster
Configurations made at Irreco are stored in $HOME/.irreco folder.

-Conclusion:
It is already an awesome program and I am planning on making some button sets/themes too the next days - keep up the great work.
Next release is supposed to support uploading and downloading themes, so you can publish them someday.

The Following User Says Thank You to harriva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vienna
Thanks for the response. If the code is at least decently structured it shouldn't be a problem to add the requested stuff myself.

Send me a PM with the svn details and I will see if I can get the stuff done. Since I am using irreco as my main remote for everything now (TV,AMP,MPD,Lights,etc.) I am quite interested in tweaking it a bit. Speaking of MPD a default device controller for mpd would be another thing I could add - which would avoid the use of doing it the command line mpc way.

Edit:
Configurations made at Irreco are stored in $HOME/.irreco folder.
DOH! Oh dear, how obvious - well it was already late when I was looking for it and the most obvious place didn't come to my mind then