Active Topics

mozilla firefox has been updated to alpha version. im gonna try it now and hope ill be satisfied with the performance.

give it a try...

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/O...ozilla-fennec/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceman600 For This Useful Post:
works on my n800, keyboard still only works when hitting the ok button and not everywhere, clicking links is a bit erratic, but seems usable at least in some places. it's still verrrrrrrrrrrry slow

Last edited by icebox; 2008-09-17 at 09:13.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
Performance that I get on N800 is making the application unusable.
I think that we are far away from productive usage on currently available devices.

its too slow for me too... oh well uninstall and back to microB

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
its called mozilla-fennec

aka Fennec

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
its called mozilla-fennec

aka Fennec
who cares what its called!!! its S**CS anyway...

I just tried to upgrade to the latest version (0.8) and after it downloaded and seemingly installed ok, it popped up with an error saying the installation failed. However, the new version shows up in my installed applications list and no longer in the "check for updates" list.

The problem is, when I try running fennec 0.8 I get this error in the console: "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9b5pre and 1.9.1b1pre. I did some searching and found a mozilla blog entry saying to "up" the maxVersion property in application.ini, but it was already set to the upperbound (1.9.1b1pre). The only other thing I can think of that it's in reference to is xulrunner, which is showing 1.9.1b1pre in my installed applications list.

Anyone else having problems with upgrading to the new version? (I'm running chinook btw)

I have the same upgrade problem. I even tried to uninstall and there was problem with xulrunner.

BTW: Today, I appmanager showed also Canola update, but later it showed some missing packages, so I assumed that probably repositories are somehow out of sync or something. I will try later again.

Last edited by hyartep; 2008-09-25 at 08:50.

having similar problems, both with install and uninstall here.

I'm sure there is a way to uninstall from command line, (I don't know the simplest of commands, that would be one)

I don't know if using apt-get for a re-install would help in anyway, though if it is a discrepancy in the version of xulrunner than i suppose not.

sorry for the unhelpful/ignorant post.

-windzilla

HI, I am also facing problem with the upgrade. The xulrunner doesnt uninstall as well. it returns error 'cannot uninstall'. also, the repeated uninstall and install of fennec only says 'cannot install do you want to continue' and then 'installed'. it shows up under extras in the menu but doesnt work (doesnt load upon click). Its crazy. but I saw a video on youtube showing fennec in action, thought it is cool...but not on my machine