Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by svrkprabhakar View Post
As far as I know it is only psychological fixes, not many 'mind blowing' or even 'significant' across all the users.
We're at that point in the device's life. Most improvements will be incremental.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
remember back in the day when os updates crashed nokia's servers? well by having the tablet poll 1x/24hrs - it keeps the servers from crashing- not everyone will be updating at once

The Following User Says Thank You to prk60091 For This Useful Post:
Camera flip in video chat seems to be fixed. I don't have the camera package currently installed, for what it is worth. Was working in 2007, broken somewhere in Diablo, and works now again.

Right, lets change the topic to substantial update experiences since I can see some of us are very eager to know if the latest update brings wonders. Let me tell you guys, it may have fixed some unknown bugs and might have brought some stability but not worthy if you had to reflash and reinstall all your applications and dual boots. Just keep that effort reserved for another Christmas holiday:-)

doesn.t show up on my tablet even after several refreshes of app manager. Been up over 24 h. BTW, no chinook repos enabled either . Any ideas?

waiting...

Originally Posted by natlala View Post
doesn.t show up on my tablet even after several refreshes of app manager. Been up over 24 h. BTW, no chinook repos enabled either . Any ideas?

waiting...
Dont worry, do it through manual refresh in application manager. restart the NIT if you need be, change the date (all windows tricks). By the way, did I told you not to have lot of expectations out of this update, not least if you have to install whole lot of applications/restore contacts/rss feeds or dual boot menus.

Just to chime in, after I installed the previous SSU on my N810, I had the reboot cycle and had to reflash. But this SSU worked just fine.

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Mine (#3542) is now working - but was just before the update (workaround for my issue on the bug list)
Looks like Bug 3689 was just confirmed by popular vote. (3 votes )

I tried your workaround Jaffa, but I'm still not getting any love from Modest.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
So...I'm feeling left out that my unit has not updated yet. Any way to FORCE it to update?

I've already played with the Application Manger pieces. No go...

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
If using sliderotate it seems you can't update because xserver-xomap is not the right version.

Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, os2008, ssu, upgrade