Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
You lost me. A dialog box that pops up repeatedly when not call for by the user is what?
I have never gone deep enough to maemo source, but it's an OS issue, I guess. If you install e.g. battery-status, it's obvious that the same thing happens, when getting battery status. Not long time ago I inspected HAL devices available and got a bit confused because of the battery section there.
By the way, after first time popup doesn't show again, only battery is selected in statusbar (the same with battery-status app).

I only wish Pycage could find a way to hide the status because it covers the screen when viewing video and will not go away unless you give a tap, to me it is not a normal behaviour of giving info and more over there is the icon which is enough to show the status.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
I have never gone deep enough to maemo source, but it's an OS issue, I guess. If you install e.g. battery-status, it's obvious that the same thing happens, when getting battery status. Not long time ago I inspected HAL devices available and got a bit confused because of the battery section there.
By the way, after first time popup doesn't show again, only battery is selected in statusbar (the same with battery-status app).
OK, thanks.
Must be something wrong with my unit because the pop reappears after a few minutes when ever I switch to another view in MediaBox.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Thanks for reporting the issues with the battery status.
MediaBox polls the battery status via D-Bus but on some units this polling brings up the battery status popup, which it should not do. This looks like a bug in the OS.
I'll turn off active polling in MediaBox and just monitor the D-Bus for occasional battery info messages.

1. Still thumbnailing fails when got unknown image type.
Thanks, this is an important issue.

2. In 474 when switching repeat on current song is repeated in infinite loop. It's useful sometimes, but needs to have a kind of different icon for "repeat track" and "repeat all".
Yes, the different icons are still missing. There is a distinction between "repeat track" and "repeat all". It's just not accessible in the GUI yet.

Many thx for this awesome player to pycage.
Thanks for using it, and thanks for beta-testing the SVN stuff!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Paris, France
A little something about the battery status issue :
So far, it does not occur when mediabox is launched from x-term(*), in which battery info is written as a text line instead of being shown in a pop up.
(*) I most of time use "Personal Launcher" to run Mediabox.

EDIT :
Well... Now I don't have the pop-up message anymore, using xterm or not.
I don't know what happended.

Last edited by Krazybat; 2008-10-09 at 10:23.

pycage,

I'm lovin' the svn builds of MediaBox. It's the app I use most on my N810; mostly for listening to Podcasts and Podiobooks.

I have my podcast client configured to place podcasts into a date named directory and the podiobooks into separate directories by title. The problem with this setup is that it's not always apparent when a new podiobook chapter has been downloaded.

To solve this I have added a small patch to build 474 in /trunk/components/music_viewer/AlbumViewer.py that adds a line of text to the track view showing how old the file as Today, Yesterday, 2 days old, etc. As I'm only interested in recent additions it only marks tracks less than a week old.

As the patch was created on my N810 (using PyGTKEditor), I can't generate a patch file and so have included the complete AlbumViewer.py in the attached zip, should you be interested in integrating it into the main codebase or if others would find it useful.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AlbumViewer.zip (3.7 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by gowen; 2008-10-09 at 12:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to gowen For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I'll look at your patch.

Great. It was a quick and dirty hack. If you like the idea, I'm sure you could integrate it more elegantly.

If this gets shuffle, it will be my default media player.

Tags
media player, mediabox