I had a hard time finding a thread with pictures of the battery and what it all looked like so heres a post for posterity:

Kickstand still works perfectly, it even balances a little better with the added weight on the bottom. I haven't weighed it yet but its noticeably heavier. The bulk doesn't change its pocketability much except that the side off case doesn't fit.

I am not a big fan of the fact that the extender plate is plastic - I really like the metal feel of the OEM piece but sacrifices must be made.

The 3600ma battery comes with a foam piece so that you can swap in your OEM battery and keep the extender panel by using the foam to hold the battery in place.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to notladstyle For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the pics.
How's the battery life?

Originally Posted by macit View Post
Thanks for the pics.
How's the battery life?
three days of music at the gym, light internet use, and some good old sega emulator games. my estimate in use time is 12 hours with wireless on since i never shut mine off.

the added depth actually makes it a lot easier to hold and type.

The Following User Says Thank You to notladstyle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Canada
very nice! if only they had one for the n800

edit:

Humm the replacement back sticks out evenly... they should make the battery an L shape to fill that unused space and get an extra 1000 mahs or so

edit2: there is one for the n800 but no replacement cover

Last edited by jchord; 2008-10-12 at 14:42.

Just a heads up to you folks out there, I just got my version of this battery for the N810 WiMax edition and both the battery and back panel fit perfectly. As to battery life, I haven't had it long enough yet to judge that particular bit.

Originally Posted by archimage View Post
Just a heads up to you folks out there, I just got my version of this battery for the N810 WiMax edition and both the battery and back panel fit perfectly. As to battery life, I haven't had it long enough yet to judge that particular bit.
I'll be waiting for a review on battery life. i'm considering the SDHC adapter with the extended battery for ultimate gadgetry.

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by archimage View Post
The Nokia N810 WiMax Edition is already a heavier internet tablet than either the N770 or the N800. With moderate WiFi usage at the office and WiMax when commuting, I've been getting 3-6 hours between charges. My co-workers have already remarked on the weight of the N810W, so I'm wondering what more they'd say at the 3600mAh battery.

How is the Mugen battery when you keep the N810 WiMax edition in your hands, typing, for several hours at a time? Notladstyle makes it sound comfortable, but I use mine pretty heavily for typing when I'm on the Metro, and typing/surfing when at work and home.

Thanks for the pics and the reviews. I might consider getting one as I start using XOHM more and sucking down the battery.
* Fujitsu U810 (120GB, XPT/OSX) with Sprint 4G (WiMAX)
* http://www.latheofdreams.com

Originally Posted by promethh View Post
The Nokia N810 WiMax Edition is already a heavier internet tablet than either the N770 or the N800. With moderate WiFi usage at the office and WiMax when commuting, I've been getting 3-6 hours between charges. My co-workers have already remarked on the weight of the N810W, so I'm wondering what more they'd say at the 3600mAh battery.

How is the Mugen battery when you keep the N810 WiMax edition in your hands, typing, for several hours at a time? Notladstyle makes it sound comfortable, but I use mine pretty heavily for typing when I'm on the Metro, and typing/surfing when at work and home.

Thanks for the pics and the reviews. I might consider getting one as I start using XOHM more and sucking down the battery.
Well I sold the Mugen - it was great for typing and using the keyboard but it just added too much to the weight.

Since the wimax already has some added bulk & weight I cant say it would be a good idea to add the 3600ma battery - it would probably put the weight of this closer to a mini 9 without the power/storage.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notladstyle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by notladstyle View Post
Well I sold the Mugen - it was great for typing and using the keyboard but it just added too much to the weight.

Since the wimax already has some added bulk & weight I cant say it would be a good idea to add the 3600ma battery - it would probably put the weight of this closer to a mini 9 without the power/storage.
Thanks, notladstyle. Depending on what happens over the next few weeks with our XOHM testing, I may end up getting one out of sheer need.

For pics on how it would get applied, see:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vickyke...7609885630127/
...we're already pretty wireless heavy now. Mike and I are both testing battery consumption during constant XOHM use.

Maybe I should just carry around the 10W Solar Charger with an adapter to the 3600mAh Mugen battery?
* Fujitsu U810 (120GB, XPT/OSX) with Sprint 4G (WiMAX)
* http://www.latheofdreams.com