Hi,
I tend to browse using more than one window but everytime a page is loaded the entire browser (i.e. all windows ) becomes completely unresponsive (actually sometimes the browser crashes until the page is fully loaded)... is there any workaround to this problem? It seems that flash is one reason, but even when the component is disabled FF shows similar symptoms (although less frequently)... Actually, do you experience this problem?

Last edited by Reda; 2008-10-13 at 23:34.

For all I know, the microB lags some one year behind its Firefox 3 desktop equivalent and thus remains somewhat unoptimized, especially what comes to Javascript performance. The recommended mode of operation is to allow pages to fully load and render before opening new links.

Nokia's so-called Seamless Software Updates (aka SSUs) may bring updates to the browser component, and some say that the latest 36-5 update which came out some 2 weeks ago improved the browser ever so slightly.

We're all praying that Nokia keeps delivering improved versions of microB before moving all their efforts and focus on the next hardware and its Maemo 5 platform...

Adblocking could help by keeping some elements from needing rendering, but popular tools such as Privoxy and Adblock seem to have been abandoned or at least haven't been updated for Diablo's latest versions.

Search for "adblocking" for other recommended methods; those above are IMO the least geeky options.

You could still visit the Maemo Browser Extras site and install the Flashblock extension, which is more convenient than toggling the Flash addon through the menus.

The Following User Says Thank You to Peet For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser