Active Topics

i am getting very frustrated with my n800 I recently picked up a picked the igo bluetooth keyboard, and cannot for the life of me get them to pair. I have done some searching, followed the steps, reinstalled os2008, heck i even reinstalled os2007, nothing works. It does the usual, attempts to pair, says "pairing failed". I have never even gotten the option to enter in the passcode.

Some one please help me

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Can you pair the keyboard with a desktop or notebook PC to test that the keyboard is good? Isolate the problem so you know if it is the KBD or the Nokia N8x0. Also, have you ever successfully paired a BT headset or equiv to your N8x0? Once again, troubleshooting technique.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Do a thorough search, someplace here was a good thread about all steps to set it up.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Ireland
Is this thread any use to you?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fionn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
The steps in the thread pointed to by Fionn should work...

Also, remember that once you've done the pairing _once_ it is not necessary to do it again!! To use the keyboard, once it has been paired, you just open it and hit a key (I usually hit the up arrow and/or down arrow) and it should automatically link up with the n800. If you have the bluetooth status icon on in the status bar, you'll see it light up blue when the keyboard is connected.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by briand View Post
The steps in the thread pointed to by Fionn should work...

Also, remember that once you've done the pairing _once_ it is not necessary to do it again!! To use the keyboard, once it has been paired, you just open it and hit a key (I usually hit the up arrow and/or down arrow) and it should automatically link up with the n800. If you have the bluetooth status icon on in the status bar, you'll see it light up blue when the keyboard is connected.
Actually I've found that when working with my laptop hitting any key, sometimes twice, links it up. No recent experience w/ N810.
PLEASE use the Wiki

I had no luck with the I-go bluetooth keyboard. I tossed it out and bought the Nokia bluetooth keyboard which works very well with all of my devices. The Nokia keyboard has a simple on-off switch, lights to tell you if it is on or off. It just works...

I have had the n800 paired to a couple different cell phones with no issures. I also followed the steps Fionn posted to a T. When i get home from work today I'm going to try to connect the bt keyboard to my laptop. So we'll see, thanks for the help

Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
Is this thread any use to you?
That thread is the simplest way to get the igo working. It works with mine.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
When pairing with the iGo, you can select any 4 digits, even something as simple as 1111, if that makes it so you can type if faster. Be sure to press the "enter" key after the 4 digits (you can leave the blue Fn key pressed, if that helps)

Hope this helps,

Craig...