Active Topics

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Montreal
My N800 is named Sumomo. Those who have read the Chobits manga will figure out why quite easily... then again, maybe not because the official translation mangled that particular name a bit...

(Warning, off-topic musings ahead)

I tend to stick to RPG character names for desktops and Manga character names for portable devices. It's not that original, but certainly more than names from greek mythology.

When I was at the university, they used Simpson's characters names for different X-Terminal machines. Oddly enough, the one named "Homer" would crash once every 30 minutes, and nobody could figure out why.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
my n810 was simply my "nokia".
jake used to ask to play with my nokia.

Now I have 2 n810's, I call them N1 and N2, jake asks to play with my nokias, he doesn't care which as long as he can doodle and play mah-jong!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Minya, after Godzilla's son.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Everyone calls it the "Nokia-thingy" or just "Nokia" here. Why? Because its the only one anyone has seen. HAHAHAHAH

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I call my first, battered old N800 the "Millenium Falcon" because:

Skywalker appraises the ship as "a piece of junk", but Solo counters by noting that the ship "may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."
My wife, on the other hand, refers to it simply as, "the b1tch"

Last edited by qole; 2008-10-18 at 06:03.

My laptop's name is Dreamer, my N810's is Dream.

Merlin, from an episode of Stargate SG-1. The team finds a gray-colored piece of advanced technology that contains Merlin's notes on a superweapon designed to destroy Ancient beings. Sounded similar to my N800.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
My Coumputers also all have names taken from Anime characters, so my N810 is called Noriko

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
My N810 is Viper and my wife's is Dradis. Her laptop is Apollo, our HTPC Galactica and our NAS file server is Basestar. Yeah, there's this one show we both like...

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
One of my kids' friends calls it "the numpty thing" because the only thing he wants to do with it is play Numpty Physics.