Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
I have thought about this before. I could make it so that all bookmarks in a folder called 'speed dial' would be permanent, but that seemed ackward to me. Another thing that I thought of was some sort of checkbox in the corner of each button, and then save the urls of the 'permanent' bookmarks as a cookie, since a script on a webpage such as this can't write to a file because of security built into the browser. But either way would make the interface confusing. And the whole idea behind this script is to access the bookmarks that you last clicked on quickly. If you would see *all* bookmarks ordered by date I imagine it would take more time searching for that one bookmark than go through the bookmark-menu.
I was actually after the same functionality (i.e. same layout and fixed speeddials), so I tweaked the initial code so that it only shows bookmarks with 'Home' in the title and it orders them by adding date so everytime you add something it goes at the end of the list...

I'm not sure if the version I edited was the latest uploaded, but it worked for me...
Attached Files
File Type: zip last_accessed_bookmarks-v1.zip (1.9 KB, 316 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Reda For This Useful Post:
Thanks!. Your solution of tagging individual bookmarks is probably better than having to use a single folder for all the home bookmarks. I think I'll add something to hide the 'home' string in the titles.

Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Thanks!. Your solution of tagging individual bookmarks is probably better than having to use a single folder for all the home bookmarks. I think I'll add something to hide the 'home' string in the titles.
no worries.. I was actually going to change your nice script to output the resulting page to a file (so that I could use that static part of the page as a faster homepage) but my scripting skills suck
However, that solution would be wasting one button as the refresh button and then overwrite the saved page with the script output (+ the button for the script)...

Last edited by Reda; 2008-10-19 at 19:27.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Using this reminds me how my favicons for the sites in my bookmarks aren't correct. I'll need to find a utility to refresh all of these as I rely on those a good bit, and it makes this startup page look better.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
just blow the favicon dir under .mozilla. funny enough, last time ichecked it even stored icons from pages i had not visited in ages...

Hi,

I got a strange error using that SpeedDial bookmark file - that looks very promising.
Error displayed in MicroB right after opening the file (from 1.2.2 archive on page 2 of this talk) is:
could not open file:///home/usr/.bookmarks/MyBookmarks.xml

File /home/usr/.bookmarks/MyBookmarks.xml exists though (I checked) and is readable for u/g/o (checked too).

Any idea welcomed.

Thanks.