Active Topics

Hello everyone, I just got my n800 from the nice UPS man. I have a couple quick questions, firstly, I was told it was much easier to get/install apps from the integrated app manager thing in the n800- how do I do this? I want mytube and a couple others, but can't figure it out. Also, can I save images from the web straight straiught to my memory stick (dont think so but thought i'd ask). Lastly, how do I check to make sure I have the latest firmware? thanks so much to everyone who helped me decide which it to get, I'm loving the n800!

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by hexagondun View Post
. . . can I save images from the web straight straiught to my memory stick (dont think so but thought i'd ask).
If by memory stick you mean SD card, then yes. Just tap and hold on the image until the little menu pops up, click 'Image > Save as...', then choose the memory card and/or folder you want to save it in.

nvm all i see it...it's right there!

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Yup, just hit http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/mytube/ for mytube . Load that page on your tablet and click the nice big green button.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The Wiki at the top of the main page here has lots of information you might want to know.

There is a manual that comes with the tablet, btw. Open the app manager and read the screen. It's in Settings. It will give you some clues about how to use it. While you're looking at the stuff in Settings, open up the Control Panel and look at it, too. While you're in Control Panel, tap on About. That will tell you what version of the software you have. Mine says Version: 4.2008.36-5. I think that's the latest.

The N800 is lots of fun, enjoy it!

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The Wiki at the top of the main page here has lots of information you might want to know.
It's also generally outdate and of poorer quality.

See: http://wiki.maemo.org/

If the wiki you are pointing to is of better quality (and I suspect you are right), it should link to the Wiki at the top of the page. How is a newbie here supposed to find the way to the Wiki you recommend?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If the wiki you are pointing to is of better quality (and I suspect you are right), it should link to the Wiki at the top of the page. How is a newbie here supposed to find the way to the Wiki you recommend?
I don't control Reggie's forum.

Reggie: If what the General says is true, the Wiki should link to the best place for newbies, not to an outdated, inferior Wiki.