Notices

did it take forever to start up for anyone else?

also, its horribly slow for me as well. lcuk needs to help them (the scrolling in liqbase is so smooth, I've been spoiled with it)

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but how do I change the type size here? If I hit the + sign on my N800, something pops up asking if I want to use a caret to select stuff.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
Ditto, Fennec is slow as hell in my N810. It takes forever to start and then it is painfully slow... unusable, to say the least. (yes, I know is an alpha state software).

Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
did it take forever to start up for anyone else?

also, its horribly slow for me as well. lcuk needs to help them (the scrolling in liqbase is so smooth, I've been spoiled with it)

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by JoeF View Post
Am I right in assuming this is for N810 only? From the demo it appears that you need a keyboard.
I use it with my N800. Sometimes the virtual keyboard works and sometimes it doesen't.
If it doesen't work you can press the central button of the dpad and than you will be able to use the virtual finger keyboard. This works well in 99%.

Me on twitter

It is slow as hell here as well but looks fast in this vid: http://vimeo.com/1981300?pg=embed&sec=1981300

A couple of things I noticed:
- runs fine on N800, on screen keyboard is a bit of a hit&miss, but it works most of the time
- text rendering is noticeably worse compared to microB, especially when you switch to full screen. It looks like it has been scaled.
- duble tap zoom mostly fails
- initial startup took forever, subsequent launches were much faster
- it is slow, but considering this being an alpha release, I don't think it needs to be mentioned at all.

Stcking with microB, which has most of the things I need at the moment

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
i like it, but microb is still my primary browser, but i use fennec when i have to use phone internet, i have turned images and plugins off and after that, it loads web pages pretty fast and it is much more usable. Triple click zooming works great and i like it very much, but why the have put history button in the address toolbar? I almost never use history. fennec is very promising, but still in alpha state...

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
TrustedReviews have their take on this too:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/softwa...ymbian-Wait/p1

In short they say that it will never show up on Android or iPhone...

EDIT: "Never" for Android may not be true... but not anytime soon...

horribly slow. But it's alpha. Am I the only one that is annoyed by the "page" sidebar taking up valuable space? I couldn't get rid of it. I think it will be good when it reaches a late beta stage (though that's probably stating the obvious)

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ near Memphis, TN USA
This looks like a nice start to me, too. Once it gets to the point of being close to as snappy as microB, and when it works better on the N800 without an added keyboard, I'll be ready to make the switch.