Active Topics

just wondering about how significant the battery life difference is btwn 2007+2008. My n800's battery life is just plain pitiful, so i'm considering flashing it to 2007, good idea? bad idea? thanks a lot...

Don't think that changing OS version would make a noticeable impact on the battery life. Probably it just needs to be replaced. Mine holds charge just fine with OS2008...

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I have a N800 with latest Diablo (2008). I have two batteries for it. Every night I run mine on WiFi for about 3 hours on one of my batteries. The rest of the time both batteries are being charged, one inside the unit the other outside. I have my brightness at only 50%. My display is set to go off if there is 5 minutes of inactivity. Both batteries are over one year old. I find this acceptable battery time.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2008-10-23 at 22:00.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I get it to look too, since when i'm carrying it around, i tend to press the screen without noticing.

* I got me an avatar XD

I've been getting an hour TOPS with a full charge and the brightness setting on advanced backlight at 12 Obviously something isn't right. The guy I bought this from said that he would regularly see 4 hours plus with os2007. Should I go with a new official nokia battery of should I consider the mugen 1800 mah one? Thanks for the responses!

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the Lower Rainland
You might have background processes that are chewing up your battery. Check and see if metalayer-crawler is running rampent as that was one thing that had serious effect on how long my battery lasted.

Last edited by silvermain; 2008-10-24 at 12:46.