Closed Thread
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Don't yell this too loudly, but....

This version of Easy Debian comes with the Adobe Flash Player already installed.
*cough**COUGH**COUGH*COUGH*.. maybe a cp in postinst would be in more order of the things needed from rootfs? :P
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Stskeeps: qgil has made it clear that Nokia won't chase community members using stuff in this way, but nevertheless, your idea is a good one.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
qole: yeah, but adobe != nokia also solves problems of flash upgrades.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
What a great job guys so far! Really appreciate your image-version for newbies like me!
My problem:
cleaned the image to get 480mb for install Elisa Media Center
install without problems
but LXDE doesnt start (pointer is seen for short time...)
terminal says:
hostwin[6502]: GLIB WARNING ** Gtk - gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -24 and height 0
hostwin[6502]: GLIB CRITICAL ** default - file default/src/hostwin.c: line 68: uncaught error: Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/debwm" (No such file or directory)

any suggestions?
or alternative media software with upnp AND controlpoint function...

many thanks
mackaroni

edit: decided new installation and try mediatomb, any other controlpoints available?

Last edited by mackaroni; 2008-10-24 at 11:28.

ok resolve for install ( i must wait )...one question..is possible explore shared files xvid on windows pc and open with vlc on easy debian?(i prefear open with maemo but i don't find a player that can open all video files like vlc)..i have install samba but don't find files on my home net...(my english is not good i know but i hope can understand what i want say)

I like LXDE so much I'm running it fulltime. Got lxlauncher to autostart with LXDE, now I want to set up LXDE to autostar when I turn on the tablet. I've searched the forums, but can't find clear info on autostarting apps in Hildon. I don't want to brick it with the wrong shell script, which I'm not real good with anyhow.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Qole, in one message you said that it is possible to change the "new" matchbox on using menu item?

I have no idea how to change the wm

EDIT: Sorry for spamming forum with stupid questitions. I accidentally noticed the menu item

Last edited by meizirkki; 2008-10-24 at 17:09.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
I am having the issue where I only get the one-line keyboard (when in the Hildon environment), and when I run the xvkbd (in the debian image) the keys all seem to "stick", characters keep repeating and I can't really ever type anything. If I choose the regular keyboard (while running the debian image) it is displayed as the one-line keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.

Eesh, is there any other way to power off a tablet? I got it installed before but then that whole weird screen line missing came up so I set up everything again. Now I'm downloading or rather installing? the image again and it says it's checked for it, sees it, but it's downloadniing EASY Debian Image file anyway?

And it's been stuck on there, no buttons work, no touch screen interaction (besides turning on the screen when it darkens). Really don't want to remove the battery considering that killed my 16 GB A-Data a few months back.

Edit: wound up having to remove the battery.. sighs.

Anyway, now there's this debian chroot file that's taking up 300+ MB that's apparantly read-only.. I can't get rid of it.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2008-10-24 at 21:24.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ linköping, Sweden
hi there
I hope that you can help me with this, I tried to download the debian on my nokia n800 but when i click the green icon cilck to install it came with a file about 13 kb and when its complet download it a messege appear
(unable to download easy-deb-chroot Application package not found)
what shoud I do?????????????

with my best regard
Samir

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, firefox, gimp, java, openoffice