Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Manchester
i like the descriptions in the preferences

Load images (makes websites pretty)
Enable javascript (makes websites flashy)
Enable plugins (makes websites annoying)

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ silicon valley
Google maps made mine core dump. Also the bookmarks window that pops up when you go to type in an address covers up the thumb keyboard.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Florida, US
Yeah, it's slooow on my N800 too. I like the screen layout. It also has a similar problem to some of the other apps with font colors. I use the LCARS theme, and the fonts display as light blue on white, which is almost unreadable.

Needs work, for sure.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
too bad theres no way to edit the lcars themes with Thememaker

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i installed the alpha to give it a try.... slow speed issues here as well. but when i went to uninstall it it didnt uninstall totally i believe...before install i had apprx. 45 MB free space fennec took up 20 or so mb , and after i uninstall im still only showing 20 MB free space. any suggestions....i really dont want to have to reflash

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
i installed the alpha to give it a try.... slow speed issues here as well. but when i went to uninstall it it didnt uninstall totally i believe...before install i had apprx. 45 MB free space fennec took up 20 or so mb , and after i uninstall im still only showing 20 MB free space. any suggestions....i really dont want to have to reflash
Uninstall xulrunner.

I wanted to give it a try today. But I get an error message "Unable to download fennec. Application package not found." after it has added the Mozilla repository.
What is going on?

very slow on n800... no java support

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Has anyone made any settings to make the fennec perform remotely well? Or is this all just about waiting for the advances from the next version?

As it stands it's completely useless. But I was hoping e.g. the automatic zooming could be disabled to make it somehow perform (also, dropping rendering to 16 bit?)

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Improving performance is one of the show stoppers for 1.0 release. This alpha is more like a technology preview, to show the features. The development team is now working on improving performance. (Stability has already improved during the milestones.)

See the Fennec (aka Mobile) web page on Mozilla website for more information.