Active Topics

hello

i did my home work and search but i couldt find any thing about how u can run existing applications with jar extension .. i have my book (quran) with jar extension but idont know if i can use it with n800, or if someone already ported it to n800

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Jar = Java = complicated...

I am sure you can get the Quran in a different format. Possibly using one of the Bible readers, I don't really know.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

is there any way to run e-book application, i can have the quarn with e-book format but idont know if there an Reader exist for n800

The Following User Says Thank You to onasre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
You'll want to look at fbreader for that. What format can you get it in? If you can list the formats, someone can point out a program that will work best for you.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
For running jar applications you can TRY installing jalimo-swt-example and classpath-common.

You can find these both by doing a search on gronmayer.com/it

This isn't guaranteed to work, but it does give you java with limited swing support. (I can use it to run various java apps I've written)

Once you've got these installs, you should be able to launch your application with the following command:

Code:
java -jar <name of file.jar>

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
fbreader is a good ebook viewer and the Quran (in English) is available from gutenberg.org for example. Other language versions shouldn't be too hard to find in the web. But maybe your eBook version of the Quran will already work with fbreader, if it's not DRM-encrypted.

n800 doest not support the arabic Good , i have installed the extra keyboard which has arabic but not all fonts are readable . the copy of the holy Quran i have i couldt read it good thru n800 the litters are not shown Ok they hard to read .