Active Topics

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
I believe it is now possible. (and i am gonna try it)

Check out the mojowiki http://mojo.handhelds.org/node/59

Software:

Ubuntu mobile

Hardware Platforms:

Nokia n810

And because nokia is a sponsof of this project, i think that they may use some ubuntu or ubuntu mobile features in OS2009

Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
And because nokia is a sponsof of this project, i think that they may use some ubuntu or ubuntu mobile features in OS2009
I think so; with any luck we can look forward to such Ubuntu Mobile elements as clutter, matchbox, hildon, upstart, apt, etc.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
sorry, i did not read the whole thread...
was this posted yet??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I47F87FeLV8

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
if was, i have't seen it

Is there still people intrested in ubuntu mobile?

When i try to start it, here is the output:

stening for clients on port: 5990
Waiting to accept client...
** INFO: server started

(hildon-desktop:1901): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.

** (hildon-desktop:1901): WARNING **: Could not load default background: No such file or directory

(hildon-desktop:1901): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_icon_info_get_filename: assertion `icon_info != NULL' failed

(hildon-desktop:1901): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_icon_info_get_filename: assertion `icon_info != NULL' failed

(hildon-desktop:1901): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 0 and height -8

(hildon-desktop:1901): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 0 and height -14
** (gecko:1901): DEBUG: hide_on_home = 0 for container Marquee

WARNING: Could not connect to DBUS daemon: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.WARNING: Could not connect to DBUS daemon: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.WARNING: not connected

(gecko:1901): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd-hasty-armv6elvfp/glib2.0-2.16.3/gobject/gsignal.c:1669: signal `dispose' is invalid for instance `0x3ab0c8'

** (gecko:1901): WARNING **: Can not access the Alsa device node!
menu~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!
menuItem~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!
menuItem~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!

(gecko:1901): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 0 and height -8

(gecko:1901): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width 0 and height -14
Segmentation fault
ume@i-know-you-are-watching-me:/$

The picture shows how far i can get, Segmentation Fault comes afther five minutes. Those five minutes process hildon-desktop takes 30mb memory and processor is in hard use.

If somebody knows, please tell me whats wrong
Attached Images

Last edited by meizirkki; 2008-11-08 at 09:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to meizirkki For This Useful Post:
I know nothing about GTK programming but have you tried changing the locale settings to something less exotic such as US ? at least there the problem seems to start:

(hildon-desktop:1901): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.

Also some 'default background' file and icon location path seems to be missing.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-11-08 at 09:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post:
This is the script i use to start it, it has been automatically created when i installed hildon-desktop:

#!/bin/bash

PREFIX=/usr

THEME=${PREFIX}/share/themes/plankton
if [ -d ${PREFIX}/share/themes/mobilebasic ]; then
THEME=${PREFIX}/share/themes/mobilebasic
fi

export DISPLAY=:1

export GTK2_RC_FILES=${THEME}/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:${THEME}/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.maemo_af_desktop
export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

export $(dbus-launch --exit-with-session)

/usr/lib/libgconf2-4/gconfd-2 &

${PREFIX}/bin/matchbox-window-manager -display ${DISPLAY} \
-theme ${THEME}/matchbox/theme.xml \
-use_titlebar no \
-use_desktop_mode plain \
-use_lowlight no \
-use_cursor yes \
-use_super_modal yes &

${PREFIX}/lib/sapwood/sapwood-server &
${PREFIX}/lib/mobile-application-service/mas &

exec ${PREFIX}/bin/hildon-desktop

Thanks, i will try to change the locale

It did not help...

Okay, i installed flash player and that seems to help a bit, now i have got rid of Segmentation Fault error and mozembed or whatever works somehow, if i change /usr/share/mobile-basic-flash/home.html to some other page it will display correctly, but normally the application launcher in the middle of the screen does not work.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
meiz: could you tell me what packages you used to get to that point?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Tags
mer, ubuntu