Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ South Bend, Indiana
Nokia working on OLED, NFC-ready tablet?

investigations by Um point to the existence of either a notebook or tablet with a 9- or 10-inch display and features that have never existed on an Nseries tablet, such as a touchpad for input, HDMI out, a secondary OLED screen and Near Field Communication (NFC) for very close-range wireless links.
NFC? 9 or 10 inch display? This would be quite a departure from the current IT series.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Portugal

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
That's more likely a phone announcement... It is probably time for the next batch...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by spartanNTX View Post
Nokia working on OLED, NFC-ready tablet?

NFC? 9 or 10 inch display? This would be quite a departure from the current IT series.
I'd suspect it's part of the home control system that's been announced.

Imagine an active picture hanging on your wall that, with a tap or two, becomes a touchscreen control for your home... (no, I am NOT saying that's how it would work, just that it would be cool)

Home control? Interesting nonetheless. I wonder if that would be using Maemo, since the analyst is claiming it's Linux-based. Since I've seen the ship-date on the home-control rig stated as "late 2009", Fremantle fits...

(Oh, and that countdown on http://europe.nokia.com/index.html seems to be the same one discussed over here. Some news skimming indicates that the home automation system is a known exhibit at Nokia World tomorrow, possibly excluding it as a covert countdown candidate.)

I'd love a 9 or 10" tablet!

Since the current tablets are a little to big to fit a pant pocket anyway (at least for my pants ) and thus need to go into a bag, why not go all the way and make them bigger?

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
There is a thread about this over at Howard Forums with forum members salivating...its funny how over here people are very subdued and calm where over on the phone centric forum fans are running wild. There is two very different markets for Nokia with their phone business and their tablet business, I wonder if they will ever get them synchronized.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
And your name is ironic too, md!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
A 9" or 10" tablet? I'd just go all out, and buy a HP TX series tablet notebook. The N8x0s fit their niche market well, and shouldn't veer too far from their origins.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
And your name is ironic too, md!
lol indeed, this is the reason for my username.