Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I am afraid your OBD2 is NOT connected. When open BT device, did you see your OBD2? Even it is on your list of "trusted device" still NOT guarantee they are connected. Select BT visible sometimes is easier in connection.

bun
Yes, I did see it listed, and I also see the OBD2 data when starting to drive.

I just cannot get those details I said before. I don't know why.

I've figured its best to get WLAN and GPS working first. Then download the maps for the surrounding area in Carman. Then go to car with GPS enabled, and then enable OBD2. Then start driving; WLAN will soon disconnect but you have the map data already. Also, GPS will have a lock already.

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Cannot test right now.

When I did this before with an earlier 0.7 beta I couldn't see anything at "Configure OBD2".

BTW, I have BlueTooth on, but invisible. I can connect to OBD2 when nearby car; even when car is off. When car is off I get disconnected in a few seconds again. When car is on, all works, but there is still nothing at "Configure OBD2".

When I click "Check" on bottom while OBD2 is connected there is also no information available, it says.
Hmm.. I'm having the same problem with my DX one that I got yesterday, but I haven't tried the "car on", but come to think of it, I didn't try it started, and now that I start remembering, I don't think the Tech2 gave me much in the way of data when the car wasn't running..

But I've also got nothing at "configure odb2"..

Must go test..

Hmm.. Nope. Even when running, I'm getting the OBD2 disconnected. I guess I should shove a BT dongle in the laptop with the car-pal software, and make sure the ODB2 dongle is working..

Last edited by Stuffguy; 2008-11-21 at 00:47.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
I'm experiencing a couple of bugs: simulator mode does not seem to work and the storage settings are never remembered meaning they always revert to Home Folder after rebooting. Also after reboot the simulator mode box reverts to unchecked.

Yes, the storage settings aren't remembered here either.

hi, please report that at carman's bug tracker at garage. Let's try to fix that before 0.7-beta2

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Manaus, Brazil
Hi all,
Just to inform that Carman mailing lists are back to activity!
These are:

- Carman-commits (SVN commits):
http://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/carman-commits/

- Carman-devel (Carman development topics):
http://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/carman-devel/

- Carman-users (Carman usage topics):
http://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/carman-users/

ps: There's also a #carman IRC channel @ irc.freenode.net !

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Richmond, BC, CAN
Can someone tell me how I can the full code my engine light is sending off? I can only read half of it in Carman, and would like to read more.

Has anyone else experienced that sometimes Carman starts and it cannot find any Plugins? I'm trying to figure out what I did before that, so I can't say how this happened yet.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Why do I need the extra hardware? I want to try this program and the interface look really nice but, I don't know what is the OBD2 for? If a car doesn't have it, would Carman still be useful?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Richmond, BC, CAN
Does anyone know if there is a page/FAQ out there which explains what EVERY gauge does? I've got them almost all figured out but a few I don't (ATP, LONGTF1, SHORTF2)