Active Topics

Ok, so I've now attempted to get my 3rd bluetooth headset to work with no luck. The latest is a Nokia BH-208. The pairing process seems to work fine, but in trying to switch from internal speaker to bluetooth, my bluetooth icon goes blue for a split second, then nothing. Does anyone have a step by step to clear out the registers? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. My N810 is only 3 weeks old.

Thanks

I've scoured all applicable posts and have tried everything to include removal of the /var/lib/bluetooth/mac address/ files, battery removal and and reboot, device renaming with out spaces... and no joy. I've even tried Nokia customer service for a go at troubleshooting and after an hour with no fix, was encouraged to send it in to the repair facility. If nobody can offer any final advice, I guess I'll just have to take my chances and send in (this brand new unit) and hope I don't get back a refurbished one.

Thanks

Well there's not really going to be anything wrong with the N810 (unless you can't use bluetooth to do other things - talk to your phone for example). Likewise can you test your headset with your phone?

For me, the headphone pairs up when I don't want it to - in fact as soon as I switch the headset on it connects and sound is output through it.

All three headsets work just fine when paired to my Razr. They all pair to the N810, just no sound. I did notice this. When I click on “Edit” on one of the paired devices, the “disconnect” button is always grayed out.

I have used 2-BH-101 headsets, and 1-BH-703 headset to pair with the N810 WiMax. The results are about the same. They pair and work on the first attempt, and after that the device is recognized, but it wont allow for sound. I think there is some sort a code issue in the driver that is getting stuck. I am totally lost as to what to do. Hope there is a solution that is feasable. Otherwise, I will have to walk around with wires around my neck. Wish I had the answer. Patiently waiting.

Are you saying that the bluetooth works with you N810 or just the phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to DRogersJr For This Useful Post:
Although I have been able to pair several headsets to my N810, I have never heard a single sound through the headsets. Also, I've never been able to get the headset icon to pop up.

Have you installed any a2dp stuff by chance?

Do you have FMradio installed, perchance? That can break BT HSP pretty royally. (I know the N810 has no radio, but thought you might have mistakenly installed it anyway...)

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I'm kind of curious. Can you go to your "Control Panel" application, open "Bluetooth", tap on "Devices"? Highlight your headphone's entry in the menu and tap on "Edit".

What "Device type" and "Supported profiles" do you see listed?

My thinking: I know that I had this problem ONCE. I ended up trying to fix it by deleted the device from my list on my N800, telling the headphones to completely blow away its own list of recognized trusted devices (both of my bluetooth stereo headphones have this, so I assume they all must... check your headset's manual) and then re-introduced the headphones to my N800. It then correctly identified them as capable of HFP and HSP.