Notices

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Just to be clear... This logs only OBD2?? Or does it also log OBD1??

It will only log OBD-II since it has to send out requests according to the OBD2 standard. It might theoretically log OBD-1 if you had the right protocol and connector.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Thanks for the clarification... I have an older car with OBD, I currently use a laptop to glean the info I want. I saw the label in the software saying "OBD" as was hopeful I could use my Tablet instead... Oh, well.. Small price to pay to continue to drive a "gas guzzling" V8 that's paid for and is easier to work on than new cars.

If you are reading it with a laptop, whatever interface might work over bluetooth to the Nokia pad (and I work at a scantool company that supports older protocols).

PM me your vehicle information (year, make, model, what the connector looks like, engine, maybe even VIN) and I might be able to tell you something more.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Chapel Hill, NC
Hey tz1!
You know.. I installed this app... and as soon as I saw the preferences dialogue.. I thought to myself... I bet tz1 is behind this... LOL

Small world man...

Anyway, I have some mod requests... figured it's easier to get rolled into this than it was on the Kyocera KR1!

Wondering if you can roll my google Maps API code in and have a field in the prefs for a GMaps API key. Maybe have a check and if you leave the GMaps API key blank, then it gives the current page.. Otherwise, you get the enhanced version with tracking, etc...

All, for a demo of this code (with random data), check out:
http://www.linuxkidd.com/gps/demo.html

To download the files that make this possible, including server side processors for pulling existing pages from mini-gpsd on both the N810 and KR1, check out:
http://www.linuxkidd.com/gps

Lemme know what you think tz1!
LK

Last edited by linuxkidd; 2008-12-17 at 18:14.

I could, but you are probably using the XML request, and that part doesn't require a key. Internally I have a key for "localhost" or 127.0.0.1 (I forget which) so the pages will run if served locally. The minigpsd update includes my own updating map (but I'll check out yours when I have time) using a localhost key and the xml grab. You would just need to point the XML grab at the n810.

TZ1 with the Lastest os2008 update that just came out today 12/17/2008.

It makes you uninstall bluez-utils-test 3.28-0osso4 and it installs "bluez-utils-test 3.28-0osso6" but in order for me to do that I had to uninstall minigpsd also.

Now mini gpsd is asking for bluez-utils-test 3.28-0osso4 but the system already has 0osso6 installed .. Is there a ay to fix this or bypass this error ..

I get an error on reinstall that bluez-utils 3.28-0osso4 is missing .. but bluez-utils 3.28-0osso6 is installed .. from the upgrade .

Thanks
Computerfreek

Last edited by computerfreek; 2008-12-18 at 00:54.

I'll post an update. It probably won't do anything (except allow the other bluez-utils-test)

Something else is wrong. In the repository pool it gives ...osso7, but also includes bluez-utils-test.

minigpsd has NO dependency version. Try updating again in a few hours.

I can't get the source directly (apt-get source in scratchbox)

Mine gives a different response (says the feature upgrade is uninstallable because of bluez-utils).

Yeah I may have messed that up I think mine was the same error but I had unstalled all bluez-utils .. Then did the update on my SD card then my interal flash then reinstalled my boot menu. eather way i can not reinstall "bluez test" at the time

Thanks
Computerfreek

Tags
gps, obd2