Active Topics

Do any of you get a "not enough memory" error? How can I download it to another location? Or get to download the deb from somewhere? I don't want to uninstall my apps for this. Thanks for your help.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Carlozzo78 View Post
Do any of you get a "not enough memory" error? How can I download it to another location? Or get to download the deb from somewhere? I don't want to uninstall my apps for this. Thanks for your help.
I had to remove the user manuals and the nokia video to get enough free space.
SSU works without any problems like it did the last time.

Thanks GThreepwood, I already removed all that is possible, but I have many apps installed. 19 MB is quite a lot of space, I wonder why they don't put an option to choose the download location for packages. Any other hints/workarounds? Thanks.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by lma View Post
It may just be that the estimate is now more optimistic - even if someone volunteers to go without a tablet for a while in order to test it we won't know the result for 11 days ;-)

FWIW I always got a 10 day idle estimate on a full charge with previous diablo versions.
i keep seeing that 10 day estimate to, but i have a 3% battery drop pr hour (or had, before the update), making that basically impossible...

I did have a problem with the update as it halted partway through with an error. On rebooting I had the speed contacts applet displayed, but the wireless would not see any connections. I had to reflash in the end to fix the problem, so not especially pleased - I would have thought any sensible upgrade process would roll itself back to the pre-update state if it failed halfway through, so as to leave things in a consistent state. Not very impressed.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Originally Posted by ericdkirk View Post
I lost my internet radio stations too.
Same here !

And my menu has changed back to original (Everything in Extras)

I restored the settings (which you cannot select without email !) and got the radio back but the menu is gone !

Last edited by fredoll; 2008-12-18 at 10:56.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Carlozzo78 View Post
Thanks GThreepwood, I already removed all that is possible, but I have many apps installed. 19 MB is quite a lot of space, I wonder why they don't put an option to choose the download location for packages. Any other hints/workarounds? Thanks.
It caches to mmc2 by default. . . .

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Still have the N800 bug where the internet call application will not automatically launch when camera is popped out and the image is upside down when camera is flipped.
I am pretty sure this is an hardware problem, rather than a software one.

Aniello

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I used Modest yesterday evening after the update.
I had to disable the automatic mail download feature with previous versions of Modest and I wasn't using it for more than a month.

I played with it a bunch of minutes yesterday and it feels like it's working now, surely a lot better than before.
A few bug fix I've noticed:

a) if the focus is on the folders and you tap on an already selected mail, it used to open it straight away. Now the first tap simply moves the focus on the mails list, a second tap would actually open the selected mail

b) when opening a mail folder, the selected mail was, usually, a very old e/mail and I had to move up to the newest one. Now it does that automatically

c) 95% of the times, Modest stuck while Retrieving mails. It didn't happen once during those minutes I played with it. It would have done it FOR SURE with former version

d) feels snappier

What I consider a bug:

e) If it can't connect to a mail server, it pops out the account details telling me that the password is not correct. Rather annoying, pretty useless (usually is not the password that is incorrect), and Modest is stuck waiting for an answer (i.e. looks like it won't download mail while waiting, need to check tho).

Overall, I feel like the biggest improvement, for me, is Modest. Probably I can now handle my e/mails on the tablet! (Something I was supposed to do since the 770 ).

Aniello

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ A Corunha Ghalisia
dual-boot fine
I made a total reflash and restored from a backup without any trouble in a n800

I love dual-boot BTW I've got plenty of space for installing whatever I want