Active Topics

Hi, I just got my N810 this past week. I really like this device so far. I'm trying to configure the email client to receive and send email for my inbox.com email account. I'm using a home network right now. I can receive mail without a problem, but I've tried every setting for sending mail and keep getting the following error:

"Unable to connect to SMTP server my.inbox.com or it does not exist. Server may currently be unavailable. Check your network has access to server."

Does anyone happen to use inbox.com and have the settings and could post them here? Do I have to set up connection-specific SMTP servers or are the correct Outgoing mail settings all that is necessary?

Thanks for any help.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Don't know about the correct settings, but you can get a log:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Bugs:Stock_ans...he_mail_server
(Check and remove any confidential data from it before attaching)

Can other computers on the same local network access the SMTP server?
If not, have you tried the alternative port 587?

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by Tablette View Post
Hi, I just got my N810 this past week. I really like this device so far. I'm trying to configure the email client to receive and send email for my inbox.com email account. I'm using a home network right now. I can receive mail without a problem, but I've tried every setting for sending mail and keep getting the following error:

"Unable to connect to SMTP server my.inbox.com or it does not exist. Server may currently be unavailable. Check your network has access to server."

Does anyone happen to use inbox.com and have the settings and could post them here? Do I have to set up connection-specific SMTP servers or are the correct Outgoing mail settings all that is necessary?

Thanks for any help.

From inbox.com's FAQ:

http://www.inbox.com/faq_email.aspx?id=2390

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

I am having the same problem. I was using using claws but it was timing out on sending so finally gave up on it. set up the stock email and it worked fine a couple of times but now I get the same damn error as above!! WTF! I use gmail. The email client set up was flawless and now it is a brick. I believe I was getting the same error with modest some time back, the reason I switched to claws. It can't be that hard to make an email client that just works.