Active Topics

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Both...

I started from a clean linux omap kernel from git with Solca's patches applied on it, but since OMAP1 and 2 don't have much in common you can say that i'm using only the Android related ones
What is the difference between OMAP1 and OMAP2?

Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
What is the difference between OMAP1 and OMAP2?
Shorthand for OMAP1710 vs OMAP2420
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Instruments_OMAP
Note the OMAP2 series used in the N8x0 has a different ARM core than the OMAP1 series used in the N770. ARM11 vs ARM9 in this case which is a bit confusing as ARM11 chips have a 6th generation architecture while this ARM9 has a 5th gen one.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to soap For This Useful Post:
Sound support? Anyone have this working at all. I finally got the SD card issue worked out but when I run the media player it doesn't list anything under the Songs.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
Sound support? Anyone have this working at all. I finally got the SD card issue worked out but when I run the media player it doesn't list anything under the Songs.
There currently isn't any sound support for any of the tablets. The driver needs to be ported and recompiled into the most recent kernel. We also need to make the DSP work in NITdroid.

EDIT: Someone should contact Fanoush, the best kernel hacker EVAR.

Last edited by jakemaheu; 2008-12-22 at 23:07.

Just an update. I am still having issues with cookies not working. I got a chance to hook up logcat while trying to log into various web services. No output is captured. I also tried to disable then re-enable cookies while attached to logcat, and nothing was reported there either, which I found curious with how verbose this can be.

If there is any debugging that would be useful, please let me know.

Code:
D/InputManagerService(  723): hide the small icon for the input method
I/ActivityManager(  723): Starting activity: Intent { comp={com.android.browser/com.android.browser.BrowserPreferencesPage} }
D/InputManagerService(  723): hide the small icon for the input method
W/InputManagerService(  723): Ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@436d31b8
I/ActivityManager(  723): Displayed activity com.android.browser/.BrowserPreferencesPage: 1127 ms
W/ActivityManager(  723): Duplicate finish request for HistoryRecord{436d1830 {com.android.browser/com.android.browser.BrowserPreferencesPage}}
I/ActivityManager(  723): moveTaskToBack: 4

Originally Posted by jakemaheu View Post
EDIT: Someone should contact Fanoush, the best kernel hacker EVAR.
Heck, if only so I can easily dual boot OS2006 and NITdroid.

Okay guys, too late here so I'm posting my current progress.

http://www.bundyo.org/maemo/nitdroid...id_770.tar.bz2
Since my 770 has been sitting quitely on the shelf for a few months, I thought this would be a great project to commit it to... just how long does the droid flash before booting into Android? I'd love to report back how things go with this, assuming that something catastrophic has happened and I haven't successfully installed anything, how were you reading the dmesg on startup. Is there a boot parameter you can pass to hide the splash screen?

Thanks in advance and I hope my experimentation results will be useful to you.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
You should have adb while the android is flashing. Open a shell and try a logcat.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-12-23 at 07:08.

Another reboot and it worked... Looks a little like a phone I used to have, (and will soon replace with an ADP1)... But yeah, a bit unstable. Still would like to know how I can help you out here. If this is cupcake, we should be able to get the OSK working.

You should have adb while the android is flashing. Open a shell and try a logcat.
Ok cool, like working with the emulator or a G1... I'll see if I can find time over the holidays to really dig into this. The work so far really looks like it is paying off. Looks great on this screen!

Tags
android, nitdroid