Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i think you should use something like:

find / -name mcalendar

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
I think I suggested that already, tso.

to the original poster:
the reason why your `find` listed out a bunch of stuff is probably because you typed the command incorrectly. There should be a pipe symbol (the shifted character on the key above your <Enter>/<Return> key) between the `find` and the `grep mcalendar` . In any case, don't worry about it... it wasn't necessary to type that anyway, as I had already told you exactly the information you would've wanted to find (see below). ...also, as was discussed tangentially in this thread in the intervening posts, that particular set of commands, piped together, is not the most efficient way to use the `find` command in linux/unix. (you're essentially telling linux to find everything, then send the list of everything through the pipe to the grep command, which will sort through and only display the items with the word 'mcalendar' in them -- it's better form, and more efficient to simply tell the find command to only find items with the word 'mcalendar' in them, which is the invocation I suggested [find / -name mcalendar])

I also specified exactly what the file was called, and where it was located: ~/.mPIM/mcalendar.db

(that means that, in your home directory, there's a directory called ".mPIM", and inside there you'll find a file called "mcalendar.db". Inside that file, you'll find your mcalendar information. if you were synced to the wrong calendar before, just erase that file, and next time you start mcalendar, it'll create a new (empty) one. Then (assuming you've already corrected the configuration so that it is now pointing to your preferred google calendar), simply choose "synchro" from the menu, and the new mcalendar.db will be filled with the information from the calendar you're synchronized with on google.

The Following User Says Thank You to briand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i installed mcalendar , was messing around with it a bit, now it will not open...ive uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, the only thing i think i could have done was on the working day times, i cleared both fields. any ideas? and , when it is working , is there any way to only have it display 12 hour time across the entire application?

munky261 --

If you've uninstalled/reinstalled it, then you've already removed the program components and replaced them... it's possible, I suppose, that there's some corruption in the user data that is causing the erratic behavior (failure to open). Try deleting the mcalendar.db file in your /home/user/.mPIM/ directory, and see if mcalendar will start up after that. If so, you should be able to re-populate your events in the newly created mcalendar.db by synchronizing with Google Calendar from the main menu...

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
My month view is always empty even though my events are visible on the week and daily view. Also when i press the clock icon button, that view is blank. Is this becasue I cannot get the sync progress bar to move past 80% ?

Last edited by mfortner; 2008-12-23 at 02:08.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
My month view is always empty even though my events are visible on the week and daily view. Also when i press the clock icon button, that view is blank. Is this becasue I cannot get the sync progress bar to move past 80% ?
I think there are still missing features that have to be implemented. Nothing to worry about, just be patient.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
when are we gonna get that whole month calendar view? also, is there any way to make it use 12 hour clock across the whole application, i find 24hr time annoying as hell. also, is the possibility to choose the alarm tone, or an mp3 for an alarm going to be worked in... the tone quites playing after a very short time without pressing anything ive found. and, the date seems to get cut off due to the buttons at the top.

p.s. deleting the .db file did work , thanks!

Last edited by munky261; 2008-12-24 at 05:17.

Originally Posted by munky261
p.s. deleting the .db file did work , thanks!
cool. glad i was able to help you get things up and running, again.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Australia
Hi,
Please help with something.
Some time ago I have installed mCalendar and synchronised with Google.
After abt 2 months have decided to uninstall it.
To my surprise the alarms keep on going off even after uninstalling the software and manualy delleting the database as per instructions in this thread.
I can't understand what I'm doing wrong....
Is there a second database to be delleted?
Please help!!!!

Last edited by STANUL; 2009-01-06 at 03:27.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Australia
Hello,
Can anybody help me?
Thank you

Tags
calendar, google