Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
How did you take the screenshot?

Great work. Tested on 770, last kernel seems much better.
Few issues:
- according to logcat, it tried to load qwerty.kl as keymap, and it had wrong keys. I used testev to generate this:
Code:
key 62    MENU              WAKE_DROPPED
key 63   HOME              WAKE
key 1   BACK              WAKE_DROPPED
key 105   DPAD_LEFT         WAKE_DROPPED
key 106   DPAD_RIGHT        WAKE_DROPPED
key 108   DPAD_DOWN         WAKE_DROPPED
key 103   DPAD_UP           WAKE_DROPPED
key 28   DPAD_CENTER       WAKE_DROPPED
- there is a busybox in nit/bin, it also has 'swapon' applet - I set the second partition as swap, this seems to improve the stability a bit. I also used 'developer settings' to keep only last 2 activities, also seems to help a bit.

- adb is still a bit unstable, and the device reboots from time to time.

- Any chance to get at least bluetooth working ( i.e. include pan, etc in the kernel ) ? I tried hciconfig, it complains about a missing firmware - I guess it's in the original rootfs, I'll try to get it from there. I have a bt keyboard - hid would be nice too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to costin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There is bluetooth support in the kernel for the right chip, dunno if Android supports it though. Maybe Solca can tell us more how or if did he got it to run?

As for qwerty.kl - there is a second file with the kernel archive - omap-keypad.kl, you should place it in /system/usr/keylayout/ (or symlink the Internal_keypad.kl). Do the same for Internal_keypad.kcm.bin in /system/usr/keychars/ (you should symlink it as omap-keypad.kcm.bin

Adb is unstable due to low memory. Maybe when Solca does the stripped userspace (we don't need 1.2MB phone service at all and some more too).

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-12-23 at 16:33.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
For me, bluetooth always refuses to start..

Great Job!

I could not connect to wifi access point with MAC filter.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Which device?

770 doesn't have wifi yet

Sorry.. I mean in N810 i could not connect to wifi access point with MAC filter, if I disable MAC filter i could connect.

Originally Posted by bhaskar View Post
Sorry.. I mean in N810 i could not connect to wifi access point with MAC filter, if I disable MAC filter i could connect.
Unless you put the binary config tool on the FAT partition, so Android installs it, the MAC address uses a default value, which is something like 00-02-ee-c0-ff-ee (look back in the thread, search for my username - I wrote a message about it.)

Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
How did you take the screenshot?
Very carefully. You can screen capture from the Android SDK, which is using ADB to connect to the device. Unfortunately, as Bundyo has mentioned, the 770 is memory constrained, so even trying to connect using ADB is tricky; trying to get the screen capture requires lots of crossed fingers and chanting.

I suspect one of the first tasks to make this stable on the 770 will be to implement some sort of swap file. If the memory architecture hasn't been altered too far from a stock Linux build, that might not be too difficult to do. I haven't looked into it yet, but I hope to find some time in the next couple weeks to see what is there and find out what is possible.

Originally Posted by costin View Post
Great work. Tested on 770, last kernel seems much better.
Thanks for the info there, that was basically the route I was going to take. I'm a little disappointed to hear that swapon hasn't improved stability; especially WRT ADB.

Tags
android, nitdroid