I wanted to try out the video player on the canola and the mplayer, my own files I mean and it doesn't playback the file.

Doesn't it play AVI files?
It does play the files that come with the device but not the one I just put in.

Oh yeah, if possible, where can you download movies to put in the internet tablet? ^_^

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JARJAY View Post
I wanted to try out the video player on the canola and the mplayer, my own files I mean and it doesn't playback the file.

Doesn't it play AVI files?
It does play the files that come with the device but not the one I just put in.
The AVI container is supported, but I have no clue what codec and bitrate you're using. I'd guess one of those is not suitable.
Oh yeah, if possible, where can you download movies to put in the internet tablet? ^_^
<bait target="MAFIAA">http://thepiratebay.org/</bait>

If you want the low-down on codecs and resolutions Nokia recommends with their player, it's in the manual. For mplayer, though, there's no such tidy listing; most videos will work, although possibly plagued by stuttering, de-sync, etc. if they're too much to handle realtime.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
AVI is not really a format. It is a container that can contain audio and video tracks of any format. A player that claims to play AVI actually doesn't claim anything at all...

Analogy: you claim that you can read books? OK, go read this book written in Swahili there.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
heh.. i was going to mention that earlier, but got busy... glad to see pycage step up and fill in the void... and with a much friendlier analogy than I'd have come up with, I'm sure.

I've found that Divx or Xvid encoded files with MP3 audio (800kbps/128kbps respectively) work best. Also, a resolution of no more than 480x300 works best. 480x240 max though is preferred. To get these resolutions, so long as you're not converting down from some oddball format like MKV, just use VirtualDub or DrDivx to make the conversions. Both are free. The advantage of DrDivx is that it does things in batch. The advantage of VirtualDub is that you can tweak till your eyes bleed.