Active Topics

I have tried Tear for the first time, with 0.2.1, and was greatly impressed. One problem though: I was browsing along, and it froze up on me, so I killed the process, and tried to relaunch. Since then, I cannot get it to open again. Running it from the shell shows a segmentation fault, just like TrueJournals above. I have tried removing all of the packages (libwebkit, and tear), and then reinstalling to no avail. Any thoughts?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, remove the .tear home directory to fix that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
That did it, Thanks!

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Thank you a lot !!!

Finger scroll was the only missing thing in earlier version.

This is faster than the built-in browser and now even better than built-in browser with webkit.

thanks

Can i switch the finger scroll of to copy text?

The Following User Says Thank You to meizirkki For This Useful Post:
Not at this time, but a good idea to have such a feature...

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stockholm, Sweden
When I try to install your version of the webkit engine my n800 says something about an incompatible installation package? What might that be caused by?

Do I need to be in redpill-mode or something?

Yes, seems I have missed to fix the section (used the Debian rules and control to build it). I'll upload it right away.

EDIT: Reuploaded.

(Sadly, my WebKit can't go in Extras - it requires manual intervention to be built, maybe pronvit's can?)

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-12-30 at 20:30.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Lastly, with my n800 and its on-screen keyboard, I'm unable to enter passwords in password text boxes. This kills quite a few websites (here, e-mail, etc...)
Workaround: type your password in a terminal window/note/another field, copy it then paste it in the password field with the menu.

What I cannot find is how to open links in a new window (tap and hold does nothing).

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
(Sadly, my WebKit can't go in Extras - it requires manual intervention to be built, maybe pronvit's can?)
I'm not familiar with Extras rules, what's the problem with building and Extras?

It should be autobuildable if I'm not mistaken.