Active Topics

Should the screen be locked or unlocked when the tablet is plugged in? When used in a car, it should probably be unlocked, but when plugged in at night to charge, the tablet should probably be locked. But how would autolock know the difference?

Unless this can be resolved, it would probably be best to just use the slider to override autolock.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
For myself, I really don't have a need to lock the screen/keys at night since the tablet isn't in use. I think to satisfy anyone using the app, an option to disable Autolock when plugged in would be the best choice.

It seems like a nice idea and a great project but I don't really see the point.

It's really not any effort to slide the lock button as you are putting it into your pocket is it?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
Originally Posted by Rassilon7 View Post
It seems like a nice idea and a great project but I don't really see the point.

It's really not any effort to slide the lock button as you are putting it into your pocket is it?
I disagree - IMHO n810's rocker key is not very friendly.
I don't like it - i have to use my nail and I don't like using nails for activating things - pressing etc.
IMHO n700's magnetic cover switch was simply ideal.
This looks like a smart copy of that solution.
I've never tried it although - I often use my n810 in complete darkness so I'm bit affraid that I should bother with some settings etc.
I will try it anyway.

I think that is why I prefer a dedicated locking button, I use my N810 in lots of different conditions and I just don't think that it is smart enough to second guess me. Which I imagine will make it rather annoying.

All that said, I do think that it's a nice project and I don't want to sound nasty or inflammatory.

Try it and let me know how it works for you. It doesn't change any settings, and can be easily removed. It is designed to get out of the way (disable itself) when overridden. Also, the light sensor is quite sensitive.

I have been continuously using it since I wrote it (about a year), and have carefully tweaked the behaviour to be as intuitive and unobtrusive as possible. I use my tablet day and night, in many situations (I carry my tablet everywhere,) and I rarely touch the lock slider.

Let me know what you think after using it.

Is it still causing memory leakage?

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Rassilon7 View Post
Is it still causing memory leakage?
No signs here.

Did the problem get sorted or is it only effecting some users?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
I've installed and I admit - brilliant application.
n810 should have it built in from the start - thanks!

Tags
autolock, light sensor