Notices

When selecting the webkit engine, the browser locale seems always to be english.

With the microb default engine many websites automatically show me a german user interface. I guess in this case the browser selects the locale based on the system settings.

With the webkit engine such websites show the english user interface. Any way to change the browser locale for Webkit. e.g. via gconf?

holy moley, i am impressed. this is way faster than the default browser engine, kinetic scrollings rocks aswell! the official maemo developers should definitely look into this.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Moscow, Russia
ok, I'll make it honor system locale. and will think about how to implement simple adblocking, don't like ads much too.
have to do some other things now so have less time to spend for this project

Oh, I forgot to toss my thanks for the kinetic scrolling. Particularly in the simpler web pages, it feels swell!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i would say that noscript has a interesting way of "blocking" ads. basically, do not allow external scripts to run.

that, in combo with the ability to turn of flash should kill most ads...

Originally Posted by tso View Post
i would say that noscript has a interesting way of "blocking" ads. basically, do not allow external scripts to run.

that, in combo with the ability to turn of flash should kill most ads...
I likely will just match everything webkit tries to load against patterns stored in gconf - easy to implement and flexible.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Nuremberg
Updated to latest version. This works really smooth. Just downloading some files doesn't work. I often download waypoint files from http://www.geocaching.com/ so the download link is a button.

is there a collection of gconf settings that will bring back the scrolling areas and the instant selection?

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tso View Post
is there a collection of gconf settings that will bring back the scrolling areas and the instant selection?
you can open gconf editor and select show key documentation in view options. then go /apps/osso/browser/webkit and you'll see avaiable values for keys.

for example fingerscrolling=1 for scrolling areas

i keep forgetting that "gconf" is registry "done right"

Tags
browser, webkit