Active Topics

Exactly, for the time and effort put into this, I think it's a great deal.

I know how many Mugen battries that was sold for the N810 tablet. It was not enough to pay for the expense of the setup cost of a thicker metal cover.
Ya know, if I had the cad drawings, well, the drawings for the 7mm one that's deep enough to support the Mugen battery, I could just take it to a local metal shop and have them stamp me one if it's too expensive for you to do it. All I'd need is just the cad files.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
The postal service in my country has not worked much during the last week of 2008 and the first week of 2009. Delays are expected. YMMV, but these were announced elsewhere throughout the world as well, at all kind and types of corporations.

Originally Posted by biswasd View Post
Chester - You never sent me a black cover to evaluate

However, I would still like to order one of your kits with the black cover. but....i want a spare black cover, so how much for a sd card kit with two black covers instead of one???

Thanks in advance.
Its Comming, I am at the CES show and will be back on Monday. I still want you to eval for me with the photos.

Thanks

Originally Posted by hangster View Post
wowza thats expensive. Do you know if it will get any cheaper over time?
I am not selling these by the thousands I am just making a few for those who want more functionality out of the tablet. If I sell enough to cover the cost of the metal cover I would be surprised but I wanted to do this anyway. The metal cover opens up the tablet for many other addons. To me the tablet with a 8GB or 16GB micro SD or 8GB Mini SD card was not acceptable. Especially with the problem I have had with micro SD cards failing on me. They are too expensive for the amount of memory you get. I have found out many things about the tablet since I started this project and will continue to develop things for it and other devices. As you probably know I have already used the hackers card in the Black Berry Storm to install a hacked 32GB card in it. The Storm and the N7810 is now great for work and travel.

I also had my partner send me a MintPAD from South Korea. If we could make a user interface like this for say a media player it would be great. This thing only comes in a Korean language version but every one who sees it wants one. I even gave one to a 62 year old friend. I also had to get one for my 2 daughters. It is insane and I will pursue what it takes to make software like this for the N810. Everywhere I went at the CES show I was stopped and asked "what is that?". The exhibitors stop talking about their product to see how it worked.

For those who are waiting, the hackers version along with many other versions of adapters will be at the site on Tuesday.

There are people making their own hack now such as 3G who just need the cover. I will also make them available when I see how many is wanted.

I just want to say thanks to all that have already purchased one and for those who have not, the quantities are limited.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craves1 For This Useful Post:
Received mine today. Very, very nice, very professional looking. Worth every penny. Thanks!!

The Following User Says Thank You to martyagt4 For This Useful Post:
I received the kit today. The stainless steel back looks and fits great. One glitch I ran into was the T-5 torx driver included is too large. I'm trying to track down a T-4 to check, but they aren't readily available.

Craves (or anyone else), can you confirm the size of the torx screws on the n810?

The torx included with mine was too large for my N810 as well...otherwise all looks great. The cover is very well machined and fits perfectly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Burnin TODI For This Useful Post:
Just placed my order... thanks!

Originally Posted by Burnin TODI View Post
The torx included with mine was too large for my N810 as well...otherwise all looks great. The cover is very well machined and fits perfectly.
After reading this I decided to check the shippment of Torx screw drivers and there are a few that do not fit. It seems the manufacturer did not make them properly. The size is T-5 not T-4.

Send me a email with your address to cgraves256@optonline.net and I will send you one that fits.

Also some kits was shipped out without instruction sheets (about 10 kits) if this is the case for anyone send me a email and I will email a PDF file of the instructions.

Thanks again for the purchase

The Following User Says Thank You to craves1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
16gb on n810, 32g n810, memory upgards for n810, memory upgrade n810