Active Topics

Hello,

I know the topic occured before but tried to read most of the related topics and nothing worked for me so I please need your help, I just got my n800 and after a couple of hours of working I plugged in the charger and about 15mins later I unplugged the charger from the wall and I couldn't start the device ever since.

I tried removing the battery for a while ,putting it back and charging without turnning the device ON and left it for a while ,but nothing happened (the charging screen is not appearing ,the device remains as is before and after pugging in the charger).

I tried powring it on and nothing happens....is my n800 dead? or what can i do ... i would really appreciate your help.
Thank you very much.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
Are you sure that you've plugged the charger into the charging port and not into the earphone jack? I've done that a few times.

The charging port is the small hole on the left-hand side.

Also, if the N800 is discharged it may take about 2-4 hours to charge from a run-down battery, not 15 minutes.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your reply ,i am pretty sure that i plugged it into the charging hole ,and for a couple of 15 mins (totally about an hour) ,but the device won't startup when I plug the charger (boot into charging mode).
do you think if i leave it charging for a couple of hours it might start ,and could it be somthing else other than a battery related problem?
Thank you.

I left the battary out of the device for a couple of hours and out it back and it started ,so i charged it to the full ,then i turned it off to do an update and it refuses to work (back to the state in the beginning).
Any ideas ? thnx.

I followed the instructions in this link and it is all ok so far ...
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...32&postcount=2

When I attempt to turn the n800 on all I get is a flickering screen.Shades of gray and black.I've taken the battery and SD card out.Also when I try and charge the battery, most often, it doesn't read charging.However, the charging indicator does appear at times and then says battery full.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks