Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by promethh View Post
Great job with the new Windows XP theme, and thanks, but it has one minor issue: the bottom blue strip on the Start Menu is truncating some status applets (such as "Connection" when showing a WiMAX connection):

Is there a fix for this? Can you tweak gtkrc to allow Connection applet to show a larger icon?

Thanks! ...and thanks again for a great theme!
I'll take a look at it I be leave its a bug Theme Maker Program all my themes seem to be cutting bottom a little short now. I'm going to talk to guy who makes it and see if he is having same problem.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA

My New Theme available from Theme Hackers Garage. Also a few more screen shots there.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
While not as exciting as Meiz's screenshots:

Thanks to the LCARS guys for an awesome theme.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
that grayscale and monocrome looks good indeed, to bad im so used to the wide scrollbars of echowb...

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Keene NH USA
great...i dont know if showing this screenshot will work as attachment...but i will try. newbie here (as if u couldnt tell ) and i just added the screen grabber to my growing app library. trying this...then i will ask my questions.
Attached Images

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Keene NH USA
hey! igot the pic to upload.

i am finding my way around the n800 pretty good but now have questions regatding this screen shot.

1st,.. are the speed test results shown TYPICAL for the n800? my speeds for my desktop are 7848kbs dwn. and 480kbs up. just curious as to what i should expect from my tablet.

2nd...can anyone tell me how to make the default desktop font larger (old eyes) in the LCARS theme?

i also need to know who to ask for advice with theme as i am running diablo and the auto updater keeps prompting me to update tve lcars theme but then tells me that the update conflicts with the installed version.

thanks in advance

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
How much can your n810 light sensor take?
Attached Images

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

Originally Posted by chrisvnh View Post
can anyone tell me how to make the default desktop font larger (old eyes) in the LCARS theme?
Theme font sizes are in /usr/share/themes/theme_name/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
(look for the 'Font definitions' portion of that file).

Originally Posted by chrisvnh View Post
i also need to know who to ask for advice with theme as i am running diablo and the auto updater keeps prompting me to update tve lcars theme but then tells me that the update conflicts with the installed version.
Sorry for the confusion; you'll have to uninstall the old version of lcars-complete and lcars-extras before you can install the new packages. We've eliminated the need for the lcars-extras package with this new release, but we couldn't automatically remove it during the upgrade; you have to do that yourself, and then grab the new lcars-complete from the extras repository (or from here).

Keeping the thread on track, here are a couple screenshots.

Kobayashi theme with the transparent sidebar wallpaper on red background color:

Qurgh's Klingon fork of the Okuda theme:

Last edited by ian_ryge; 2009-01-21 at 07:51.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
OpenGL stuff sure looks nice on the tablet. If only the framerates were any good. The 3D stuff works great as long as it is in the tiny preview window, but when it goes full screen, it grinds down quickly to painfully slow framerates...

Some screenshots of Ubuntu xscreensaver-demo, running fancy GL stuff, on my N800.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
bora, chinook, desktop, diablo, insane emulation, maemo, maemo 2, maemo 3, maemo 4, picture, pictures, screens getting shot, screenshots