Closed Thread
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
wasn't it "java -jar filename.jar" ?

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
wasn't it "java -jar filename.jar" ?
One would think. However, when I type "java <anything>" I get "command not found".

My hope here is that if I run Calgoo with a call in the Debian chroot instead of on the desktop, it will be a bit more manageable. Most likely this is just wishful thinking. A pity, because the program is a killer app for the device.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by dross View Post
One would think. However, when I type "java <anything>" I get "command not found".

My hope here is that if I run Calgoo with a call in the Debian chroot instead of on the desktop, it will be a bit more manageable. Most likely this is just wishful thinking. A pity, because the program is a killer app for the device.
dross: I think your answer is in this post.

Also, The openjdk6 in Ubuntu Jaunty seems to be far superior to the one in Debian Sid, so if/when I can get enough space-time to put together Easy Ubuntu, the Java performance will be one of the big benefits.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
That seems to have done it. I only read through the entire thread 2 or 3 times, obviously not enough! I've now launched the program under chroot; I guess I'll go wash the car and walk the dog while it loads....

Thanks again. David.

Oh well, it loads fine (see picture), but is even less responsive than on the LXDE desktop. Looks like 2-way sync to 30Boxes just isn't going to happen on the Nokia. Thanks anyway for all your help. - David

The Following User Says Thank You to dross For This Useful Post:
Linux newb here, but anyway.

Following the install instructions on the first page, I got to the congratulations window and rebooted. However, nothing debian related appears to run. LXDE pops up for less than a second with a window saying "this is the LXDE window. log out instead of closing this window." or something like that, then it closes. Chroot opens a terminal window for even less time before closing it, I have no idea what it says in that.

I'm on a N810 with the latest version of Diablo.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like the download link on maemo.org points to 0.9.11. Updating to 0.9.12 through the application manager seems to have fixed things for me.

Last edited by TheTree; 2009-01-25 at 23:25.

Hi,
I am very interested in trying the Turbo-Charged editions when they (Ubuntu) become avail.

Question:
Is it possible to Dual boot? Meaning, boot the OS 2008 & Turbo-charged project?

Thanks
I just bought a Nokia n810 on ebay for $ 185
So, will update the firmware asap, then Os 2008 to the latest libraries.

Will be looking into finding a phone that I could use as a Internet Modem connection(maybe Iphone)

Advise & suggestions welcome
Thanks

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ VA, USA
"Following the install instructions on the first page, I got to the congratulations window and rebooted. However, nothing debian related appears to run. LXDE pops up for less than a second with a window saying "this is the LXDE window. log out instead of closing this window." or something like that, then it closes. Chroot opens a terminal window for even less time before closing it, I have no idea what it says in that."

I have the same problem. I am running on an n800 with the latest diablo release. I checked, and I have version 0.9.12 installed already. can anyone help me out with this?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
These problems suggest that your big image file is damaged or corrupted. So far, anyone who had problems like this eventually discovered that their image file was corrupted.

Open a terminal, enter
Code:
sudo debian
and post the results here.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ VA, USA
When I run Xterm and type that, I get this:
~ $ sudo debian
chroot is set up already!
everything set up, running chroot...
[I have no name!@debian: /]

Closed Thread

Tags