Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Charlotte NC
For some reason the battery cover fits tighter than the original which is nice. All installed and working great. Nice work!

How can you fit a FULL SD into a mini sd or micro sd slot (i don't know if the n810 has a micro sd or mini sd slot !)

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Originally Posted by Bytales View Post
How can you fit a FULL SD into a mini sd or micro sd slot (i don't know if the n810 has a micro sd or mini sd slot !)
The following cable and card reader will allow you to read full sized SD cards.

Targus TGR-SD20 SDHC reader
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=9722060

Cable - microUSB to Female USB A. Automaticaly sets the USB to OTG.
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=H11576-ND
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
fargos, I think he means the slot itself. This is an adapter then sits in the battery cover, and snakes around into the miniSD slot.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
fargos, I think he means the slot itself. This is an adapter then sits in the battery cover, and snakes around into the miniSD slot.
I told him how he could use his card. No doubt that's what he meant but putting 10lbs in a 5lb bag rarely is possible. Other than purchasing the correct miniSD card an adapter is the only choice. There's another option that has been discussed in these forums which envolves buying a kit of parts to modify the N810 to use an SD card.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Originally Posted by fragos View Post
I told him how he could use his card. No doubt that's what he meant but putting 10lbs in a 5lb bag rarely is possible. Other than purchasing the correct miniSD card an adapter is the only choice. There's another option that has been discussed in these forums which envolves buying a kit of parts to modify the N810 to use an SD card.
Yeah, and that's this thread. I'd guess he searched as directed in this thread, but just flung out a post begging for explanation instead of reading even the first post.

Just got the adapter...install went very smoothly - just as advertised. Now if there was a solid metal cover to accommodate that Mugan battery as well, I'd order one in a second! Thanks for your great work.

The Following User Says Thank You to meteo For This Useful Post:
Just like meteo, the installation went very smooth. Thanks for creating the kit.

Speaking about extra storage and battery life:
How many more hours/percent can the 3600mAh battery add? I'm guessing about double in real-world use. I think I can easily find the Mugen batteries at: www.mugen-power-batteries.com

How many gigs should be plenty to load every possible Wayfinder offline map (and then some).

Thanks!

To everyone who purchased a Stainless Steel case and the SD adapter

If you get any scratches on it like you did with the original N810 cover they can be remover.

Purchase a 150 to 220 grit soft foam sanding block from some where like home Depot ( not "paper" sand paper, the foam kind).
Remove the case from the Nokia Tablet and place it on a old cloth folded to help protect the clips. You do not want to put too much pressure on the clips while doing this.
Rub the Stainless Steel cover with the soft sanding block straight up and straight down. If you rub with the grain of the steel the scratches will be removed. Use a cleaner to remove the dark color left over. This is easy to clean off and you may not notice it at first. You can also use a mild stainless steel cleaner to remove this residue but always rub with the grain.

The cover should look as good as new. Never rub across the grain ( the long way).

Never do this with the black units. I also removed some minor scratches on the original Nokia N810 battery cover but you should be very careful not to rub too hard if you decide to do this. Test a small corner first.

Thanks again for purchasing my mod kit.

Tags
16gb on n810, 32g n810, memory upgards for n810, memory upgrade n810