Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
Same here. Both in the videocasts and podcasts lists.
This has been fixed and will soon be updated on the repositories. Thanks for the feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to lfelipe For This Useful Post:
Great to hear. Good work guys!

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
Has the issue with the thumbnails not showing for the photo albums ( for the *albums* - the pictures themselves are fine) been accepted as a problem that will be fixed ?
This feature was lost when we had to backtrack some stuff from beta10. It'll probably be added again, just can't exactly tell you when because I honestly don't know

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by longcipher View Post
I am extremely confused. I went to the 'extras' tab on my Nokia n810 and see nothing labeled 'devel.' Where are you people finding this beta?
'extras-devel' is a repository that you can add in Application Manager, although you may be better off waiting for the release to hit the 'extras' repository. See http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras

Hi everybody, I'd like to apologize for not being responsive here for a while. I've been dealing with many things internally that took almost all my time, but I'm glad I've been able to upload the packages to extras-devel. Following a quick update on the issues reported so far:

* OGG

We've opted to change lightmediascanner packaging in a way that it will include OGG scanning by default. Once the files are scanned, you'll only need to install the ogg-support package to enable the playback. No need to install ogg-support-lightmediascanner package anymore. This was the solution adopted while we didn't have the ogg packages in extras. Now that it's done, I'll provide a patch to Tuomas packages so that this package won't be generated anymore.

* Applet

It was all my fault, I must admit. I've completely forgot to package/upload it to the repositories, as I finished the last plugin package by 10:00 PM last Friday. Additionally, I think it would be good if we could get fresh icons for the applet, as it is still using the old Canola1 icons. (http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola1...creenshot5.png)

* Videocast Icons

The bug opened in maemo bugzilla was closed today. The updated packages for flatblack and flatred themes are already there, and the graphite theme will ship with the updated canola package, as usual.

* Album list

Although it was a nice feature, it was still buggy on beta10. We'll integrate it back in next versions for sure. Bug free hopefully.

* Moving to Extras

Today we were able to fix the last blocking bugs, I mean, the ones that somehow crashed the app or even caused inconsistency, like the issue while adding podcasts. I'll upload the updated version tomorrow morning. Major props to Luis Felipe and the ProFUSION guys on this.

* Source code

We already have the infrastructure set in http://code.openbossa.org. It will follow the same policy of any other FOSS project out there. Anyone will be able to access, hack on it and provide patches and new features. And if you have the idea for a new plugin but don't have a place to make the source code publicly available, we'll be more than glad to host it for you.

* Bugs

As Luis Felipe already stated, we would like to encourage reporting (real) bugs on maemo bugzilla, so we can easily keep track of the new issues and point to possible solutions for the ones already reported.

Best Regards, Etrunko.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to etrunko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Is it ever going to be possible to use copy and paste for the url's of various feed types in canola?

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
Is it ever going to be possible to use copy and paste for the url's of various feed types in canola?
You can use the virtual keyboard for this. This is mostly a problem with the EFL libraries rather than Canola. We'd tried to fix it a while ago but without success.

Ok, the new version of the package is in extras-devel right now. I think this is the candidate for extras if nothing critical gets reported until the end of the day.

The Following User Says Thank You to etrunko For This Useful Post:
I have extra-devel enabled and i have been refreashing since but it does not show up checked the repository everything seems ok what's wrong any idea

ooopps some repos mixture chinook/diablo there is no applet yet

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2009-02-12 at 20:42.

I got the upgrade today, but still do not see the applet. Is there something special that needs to be doen to get it?

thanks,
hal