Notices

Please check my previous post #105 where I tell the reasons for the applet don't being there.

sorry....I saw that post, and was not sure if that meant the applet was not in the build from the a couple of days ago, or reflected what we would get today. I thought it was the reason I didn't have it before today's update. Sorry to have misunderstood you. I did not see the desire for new artwork as a reason to not release it, just as a call for artwork for the next release.

All the packages are now in extras repository. Only for diablo by now. There is something weird with chinook promoter website. I hope it will be fixed by tomorrow so we can upload the packages for chinook as well.

Now for the case of OS2006/770 I can't compromise with it, but I promisse I'll give it a try. It's important to say that some features may not be available, due to the lack of libraries or even outdated ones.

Enjoy it!

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
is there something wrong with my install in the fact that i dont get nearly the number of searcch results in the youtube plugin as when i enter the same word in mytube? do you only get one "page" of results in canola?

Yes, intentional we show only the first page of results. The 0.2.0 version, yet to be released, will provide ways to refine the search and more important, paginate the results.

Are we going to be able to paste Podcast url's in the near future?

Originally Posted by Rassilon7 View Post
Are we going to be able to paste Podcast url's in the near future?
This is a recurrent question, see my post #107 on this thread where I explain the reasons for it.

"Is it ever going to be possible to use copy and paste for the url's of various feed types in canola?"

You can use the virtual keyboard for this. This is mostly a problem with the EFL libraries rather than Canola. We'd tried to fix it a while ago but without success.

Actually I tried using the on screen keyboard and it didn't work.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Originally Posted by hfw01 View Post
I have been having an issue with Canola recognizing some composer tags as genre. Today I decided to delete the composer field. Canola now does not list those songs under those bogus genres, but it still lists all of those genres. Even after I refreshed the file list. Is there a way to get rid of empty genres?
This has also been fixed now, thanks for the report. (not sure when it will go to extras/extras-devel though, hopefully as soon as possible.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Looks great. I notice that cover art scanning is much improved.

I'm still seeing quite a few missing covers though. Just a thought, but in addition to the cover art sources Canola already scans in, could there be an additional scan for an Artist image (possibly referenced from the Artist field of the id3 tag)? It seems (based on my experience with Kagu), it should be much easier to find an appropriate image for Artist than for Album Title. In this way, Artist image can help "fill in the blanks" where Canola can't find the actual Album cover.

Or perhaps scan the Kagu art folder, if we have one?