Active Topics

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
Does anyone know of a way to stop the RSS Feed Reader from resizing the images in the feeds?

It seems like a complete waste of time and processing by the tablet! I have a nice feed I want to read with many images and the images look great and fit on the screen fine... but then the cpu goes up to 100% and I can't scroll down in the feed until the #@!*% tablet has finished resizing all the images. Once it is done I can then scroll fine. But now the images are a smaller size and not as clear as the originals.

My zoom is at 100%. I have tried different zoom levels but all seem to resize the images smaller!

I just set my subscriptions to ignore images. If i need to see pics i hit the website.

thanks for the reply. But I do want to see the images in this subscription. I just want it to leave the at normal size without resizing them smaller.

I suppose you could use an app like feedcircuit to get your stuff while on the mains. Since it uses the browser to show the articles it may be faster than the built in client that I believe connects on the fly.

Either way though, images suck juice.

I'd rather not use another app as the built-in reader works fine for me.

Also, the images are not 'sucking juice' in the initial download, only when the app resizes them.

I just want to stop the pointless resize.