Active Topics

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I will give more tries as soon as my mini 9 arrives. As for now the Macbook is in my fiancé hands and doing everything from inside the tablet is kinda slow

Originally Posted by neatojones View Post
I only seem to be able to get the debootstrap to work from another debian (Deblet, ubuntu). It keeps stopping at the very beginning with this error in Maemo:

Nokia-N810-43-7:/mnt/jaunty# debootstrap --include="language-pack-en,language-pack-en-base,dmsetup,cryptsetup,hashalot,nano,sudo" --components=main,multiverse,universe,restricted --verbose --arch=armel jaunty /mnt/jaunty http://ports.ubuntu.com/ /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/jaunty
I: Retrieving Release
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
W: http://ports.ubuntu.com/dists/jaunty...el/Packages.gz was corrupt
I: Retrieving Packages
E: Couldn't download dists/jaunty/main/binary-armel/Packages

This happens both with the debootstrap package from launchpad jaunty and the jaunty file posted in the first post in Maemo. Both Deblet and Ubuntu debootstrap this just fine.

Any ideas why Maemo would be choking like this?
Hi! I'm pretty new to this game and got really excited! I have the same problem I extracted md5sum to /bin/ and have binutils installed but I'm still getting the error... I was wondering how did you fix this. I have binutils 2.16 version from chinook repos, is this the problem? I'm not able to get 2.18 version, it seems it disappeared from Elkins repo...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Originally Posted by TerroneX View Post
Hi! I'm pretty new to this game and got really excited! I have the same problem I extracted md5sum to /bin/ and have binutils installed but I'm still getting the error... I was wondering how did you fix this. I have binutils 2.16 version from chinook repos, is this the problem? I'm not able to get 2.18 version, it seems it disappeared from Elkins repo...

Thanks a lot in advance!
very weel, it seems I found the solution, chmod +x md5sum did the trick

After this step:

apt-get -t alpha install cx3110x-module cx3110x-umac-module ke-recv-l10n-public kernel-diablo-modules-fbcon kernel-diablo mce-dummy nokia-n8x0-firmware nokia-tablets-pointercal omap-fb-console omap-fb-tools usbnet-emergency-telnetd utelnetd xresponse-visualize tablet-wireless xserver-xorg-video-omapfb synaptic aptitude console-tools

I get this error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
synaptic: Depends: libglade2-0 (>= 1:2.6.1) but 1:2.4.0-1osso2 is to be installed
Depends: liblaunchpad-integration1 (>= 0.1.17) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.22.0) but 1.16.4-1osso5 is to be installed
Depends: libvte9 (>= 1:0.19.1) but it is not going to be installed
xserver-xorg-video-omapfb: Depends: xserver-xorg-core (>= 2:1.5.99.901) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

What am I doing wrong? Any help is more then welcome!

Thanks a lot

i don't know if this could helps, i got this error after last apt-get autoupdate
http://ports.ubuntu.com jaunty Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 40976EAF437D05B5

anyone?

the key signature is the key that makes you sure that you are actually downloding packages from the server that should provide them and not from some other source. You can ignore it, or serch for some package with key inside its name (i don't remember the exact name) which provides the key signatures of the repository.
the previous error you get came from some dependencies problem, did you follow exactly the instructions in post #1 and #2, editing etc/apt/preferences too?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by TerroneX View Post
After this step:

apt-get -t alpha install cx3110x-module cx3110x-umac-module ke-recv-l10n-public kernel-diablo-modules-fbcon kernel-diablo mce-dummy nokia-n8x0-firmware nokia-tablets-pointercal omap-fb-console omap-fb-tools usbnet-emergency-telnetd utelnetd xresponse-visualize tablet-wireless xserver-xorg-video-omapfb synaptic aptitude console-tools

I get this error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
synaptic: Depends: libglade2-0 (>= 1:2.6.1) but 1:2.4.0-1osso2 is to be installed
Depends: liblaunchpad-integration1 (>= 0.1.17) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.22.0) but 1.16.4-1osso5 is to be installed
Depends: libvte9 (>= 1:0.19.1) but it is not going to be installed
xserver-xorg-video-omapfb: Depends: xserver-xorg-core (>= 2:1.5.99.901) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

What am I doing wrong? Any help is more then welcome!

Thanks a lot
try running 'apt-get install sys-env-x' - it should install the rest of the base system for you

I'm switching to a different basse system setup so it is easier for people Ubuntu (sys-env system) - wich is probibly why some of the stuff in the ubuntu-n8x0 repo have been broken.

Also, i'm sorry i haven't been verry active lately - this has been a verry busy time for me
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Originally Posted by ernia View Post
the key signature is the key that makes you sure that you are actually downloding packages from the server that should provide them and not from some other source. You can ignore it, or serch for some package with key inside its name (i don't remember the exact name) which provides the key signatures of the repository.
the previous error you get came from some dependencies problem, did you follow exactly the instructions in post #1 and #2, editing etc/apt/preferences too?
hi, yep i'm pretty sure i did everything right, i did it twice from scratch and i had the same problem everytime.

thanks for you answer

Originally Posted by b-man View Post
try running 'apt-get install sys-env-x' - it should install the rest of the base system for you

I'm switching to a different basse system setup so it is easier for people Ubuntu (sys-env system) - wich is probibly why some of the stuff in the ubuntu-n8x0 repo have been broken.

Also, i'm sorry i haven't been verry active lately - this has been a verry busy time for me
thanks for your help! i reflashed everything last night, don't know if i'm willing to do everythin for the third time
maybe i'll try your easier way, even though i'm not sure i understood it
but i'm willing to learn, so i'll keep on reading and reading!
ciao

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
You guys made Endgadget. Congratulations :-)

So, between this, the VMWare on N800 thing from a few weeks ago, Android on N810, Google Voice, ZER01, and the possibility that the next gen Maemo device will have a built in GPRS/EDGE/HSPA modem ... I keep thinking about a device that can simultaneously run Maemo, Android, and/or Ubuntu, and acts as a phone via Google Voice on a ZER01 data plan.

Hopefully it'll be a large version of the N97 (and hopefully with a 5 row keyboard).

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n8x0, ubuntu