Notices

This is on the N810.
I go into Manage Bookmarks to rearrange bookmarks to my liking, ie. favourite bookmarks on top. But when I drag the bookmark, its icon just slide back to its original place. I can drag bookmarks to different folders, but not to different spots on the same tree. And there is no option to move individual bookmark up or down.
Please help.

I haven't figured it out either. I use a combination of folders and punctuation to get them lined up properly.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
I put numbers in front of them:
01 my favorite bookmark
02 my second favorite bookmark
...and so on.

Yeah, the whole alphabetic auto sorting is stupid IMHO. Even Firefox doesn't do that.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Saint Paul, mn
So I sshed into the tablet and checked out the folder structure under /home/user and found a folder called .bookmarks and I found a file that has all the bookmarks in xml format. MyBookmarks.xml. Moving them around in the XML file does no good. The application organizes things in alphabetical order. I'm guessing this is what you did.

Well, it may read them in like an RSS feed, and then output them in alphabetical order.

This is really stupid.
It's called an internet tablet, yet it cannot rearrange bookmarks. One would think the designers had thought of this beforehand.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by caped View Post
This is really stupid.
It's called an internet tablet, yet it cannot rearrange bookmarks. One would think the designers had thought of this beforehand.
I edited each of my 743 bookmarks by adding 000001, 000002, etc., to the left of each according to importance. My TV guide listings is first, followed by internettabletalk, a close second.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-03-26 at 18:22.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Please go enter a feature request and vote for it:

https://bugs.maemo.org/

You guys (the Maemo community) are responsible for things like this!

Tim

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Please go enter a feature request and vote for it...
Well, there's already:According to timeless, "the specification and implementation prohibit" anything but alphabetically sorted bookmarks, and "for fremantle, [they] won't allow any reordering of bookmarks".

Someone upset by this could certainly reopen 747 and present clear arguments in favor of non-alphabetical bookmark ordering in the comments section. Others can vote the bug up. I can promise no success, but it's something to try.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-03-26 at 18:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: