Posts: 37 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Scotland
n810_itt, how are you rebooting when the Ubuntu boot stalls? Only recovery i've found is removing the battery, but not to keen on continually removing the cover

Ok success booting now

Installed LXDE to test (as it was the smallest download). So I get the gdm login and onto the desktop, but...

What packages do I need to install to have the tablet hardware work?

The cursor does trail the stylus, but, up/down movements are reversed and i can't seem to select/click anything accurately on the desktop, even when carefully positioning the cursor.

UPDATE: I'm guessing this is an Xorg.conf issue, so compared it with the Mer version and seems to have all the same options set.

Last edited by fifth; 2009-03-23 at 20:20.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted by fifth View Post
Ok success booting now

Installed LXDE to test (as it was the smallest download). So I get the gdm login and onto the desktop, but...

What packages do I need to install to have the tablet hardware work?

The cursor does trail the stylus, but, up/down movements are reversed and i can't select/click anything on the desktop.

Just checked the xorg.conf, but seems to have all the same options set as the Mer version.
First apt-get remove xserver-xorg-input-all and xserver-xorg-input-synaptics since they confilct with tslib functionality
Then apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-tslib=0.0.5-1mer7
This will install the right tslib from mer repos which works flawlessly.
Also apt-get install libgtkstylus xsession-gtkstylus
That will enable tap and hold right click
Hope that fixes ur issues,

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to born2wonder For This Useful Post:
Thanks again born2wonder, going to try that now.

UPDATE: Removing xserver-xorg-input-all and xserver-xorg-input-synaptics (or downgrading tslib) got things working properly, thx. Time to play now

Last edited by fifth; 2009-03-23 at 20:42.

It really turned out that the Hang at boot problem is caused by not installing desktop environment. This should be mentioned, as it is pretty confusing for newby users. Also the touchscreen fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to MoridinBG For This Useful Post:
Just curious, you say "sound" needs to be worked on, but in this image you have in the gallery http://www.bman.maemobox.org/project...reenshot-3.png has the sound device detected. Are there any outstanding issues with the sound?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by dcarter View Post
Hello, and thank you for your work and development!

I have gotten through the steps just fine until here,
"Assuming you've chosen sys-env-x, run the following while chrooted in ubuntu. (note: this may take quite a while, so go grab some coffie )

Code:
su root
export LC_ALL=C

apt-get install sys-env-x

apt-get clean
"

at which point I cannot seem to install sys-env-x...
I am wondering if, since I never installed a method to boot Ubuntu, I might be missing something....Like, how would I start Ubuntu once all is installed..

I apologize in advance for this newbish post!

Thanks,

dcarter
try running apt-get update

Also, thanks for pointing that out, i'll add more information about bootmenu setup & general usage to the guide when i get the chance (hopefully sometime tonight)
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by Munk View Post
How is the performance of this on the NITs? I sometimes think that the performance of the default OS can be somewhat stinky and wonder if this would just create larger swap files with an even larger performance hit.

However, saying all of that, I am so very curious and anxious to try this. Plus, it looks completely incredible.

Any thoughts?
The performance is pritty good, allthough if your planning to install a heavy desktop environment such as Gnome or KDE, i'd suggest that you use swap (128-356mb) to keep things sain
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

Originally Posted by n810_itt View Post
Ok, I reinstalled on my internal mmc, but the problem with the halted boot process stays the same. Is there any way to disable the bootsplash so I can see the bootlog?
you can get into the console by pressing the home and power keys to activate the rescue menu

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Hi,
I am having the old problem of fn key not being recognized (N810).
I upgraded hal, with no avail.
FN key is still not recognized in xev command.

I am using hal 0.5.12~rc1+git20090204. I tried downgrading to 0.5.12~rc1+git20090120-0ubuntu1mer1 but that didn't work either.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Tags
gnome, kde, ubuntu