Reply
Thread Tools
penguinbait's Avatar
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,493 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
#1
I happened to notice a file that I thought might do the trick, and sure enough it works

What this does to battery life and temperature, I don't really know. Follow me at own risk.


If you rename this file
/mnt/initfs/usr/lib/dsme/libinactivity-blank.so.0.0.0

for example to this
/mnt/initfs/usr/lib/dsme/libinactivity-blank.so.0.0.0-orig
I think you also need to reboot for it to take effect....

No more screen blanking, at any time interval, always on, I like it.


In order to do this you will need to install bootmenu, because there is no room on the block device, therefore you can not delete/rename the file. After installing bootmenu, you can then make the change.



cd /mnt/initfs/usr/lib/dsme/
mv libinactivity-blank.so.0.0.0 libinactivity-blank.so.0.0.0-orig



Now everyone can tell me how I am going to ruin my device and the other half can ask me how to install bootmenu

EDIT
Did a little more playing around, still works good, but 1 problem. It no longer allows me to set the backlight, its on full all the time, no controls.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2007-09-06 at 22:24.
 
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
#2
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Did a little more playing around, still works good, but 1 problem. It no longer allows me to set the backlight, its on full all the time, no controls.
You can write directly to /sys/devices/platform/omapfb/panel/backlight_level to set it. And since you disabled dsme backlight control you now have more fine-grained control, see also http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#backlight
__________________
Newbies click here before posting. Thanks.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.
 
gnuite's Avatar
Posts: 1,245 | Thanked: 421 times | Joined on Dec 2005
#3
If you're willing to go so far as to remove a file, you can accomplish the same thing (safer and with more flexibility) by tweaking gconf.

See this thread:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=1147
 
penguinbait's Avatar
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,493 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
#4
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
You can write directly to /sys/devices/platform/omapfb/panel/backlight_level to set it. And since you disabled dsme backlight control you now have more fine-grained control, see also http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#backlight
Thanks Fanoush, I already was playing with that, and since it does not change back it works great.
 
penguinbait's Avatar
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,493 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
#5
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
If you're willing to go so far as to remove a file, you can accomplish the same thing (safer and with more flexibility) by tweaking gconf.

See this thread:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=1147
I think I like this a little better, time to go play, thanks Gnuite!!
 
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bonn, Germany
#6
another method is described here
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:23.