Active Topics

Hi everyone,

I've been building a front end to Google Reader using their GR API. It works really well on the 770. You can check it out at readermini.com . Also, I'm keeping an up-to-date todo list on my blog .

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for making the app better suited for the 770.

Thanks,
John

Looks great. Will give it a whirl over the weekend.

DaScud

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
don't feel comfortable entering password

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Norway
Originally Posted by ilia
don't feel comfortable entering password
not a good risk rating on Netcraft either..

ilia, that's understandable. If you like, try it out with a completely new account or use the demo account - user: x@gmail.com, password: x

The Google Reader API unfortunately doesn't support the Google AuthForWebApps authentication mechanism, currently. It only supports the AuthForInstalledApps system.

AuthForWebApps will redirect you to Google so you log in there and they give the App back a token to use.

AuthForInstalledApps requires the App to get the username and password, send that to Google and get back a token.

I've read that this is the reason that the API isn't 'official', yet, although Google doesn't discourage its use.

[Edit: Fixed the demo account info.]

Last edited by jtokash; 2007-01-05 at 05:09.

FYI, the latest version has a ton of new features. http://blog.tokash.org/2007/01/04/re...rsion-6-is-up/ ReaderMini is marching happily towards 1.0!!!

Originally Posted by jtokash View Post
FYI, the latest version has a ton of new features. http://blog.tokash.org/2007/01/04/re...rsion-6-is-up/ ReaderMini is marching happily towards 1.0!!!

Great job!!!