Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Florida
I love my n810! I just got acl surgery on the 19th and have spent alot of time in bed. (like now) Yea I was bummed about the lack of support of some "key" features, especially the web cam but I mainly bought it as a skype phone and its a great skype phone! If I didnt have this thi g i'd be so so bored lol.

Thanks for being there n810; you're the best!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnydips For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Something... Like this ? The music/photo options slid off but you get the idea
Attila, is that a new encoder? Can it be downloaded yet? a link?

I currently use DVDFab for my conversions, but QT looks nifty!

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
Attila, is that a new encoder? Can it be downloaded yet? a link?
I currently use DVDFab for my conversions, but QT looks nifty!
Not quite ready yet. Will have a teaser-trailer in a day or two to get some feedback, and after that a proper release. No point in going public while it's still in a my-machine-only state.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Canada
I don't like to see people call this trolling. Low quality thread but it's just one person who bought it based off the box advertisements versus people who had a realistic expectation of the responsiveness based off of the online reviews they read. No one has helped him improve his GPS experience --but if it wasn't working in the first place then he overpaid and should've got a refund asap-- so based off the box you have to give him that point

The Following User Says Thank You to Jobester For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
Originally Posted by Jobester View Post
I don't like to see people call this trolling. Low quality thread but it's just one person who bought it based off the box advertisements versus people who had a realistic expectation of the responsiveness based off of the online reviews they read. No one has helped him improve his GPS experience --but if it wasn't working in the first place then he overpaid and should've got a refund asap-- so based off the box you have to give him that point
The thing is that it wasn't trolling when he posted his expectations in the original post. It became trolling when people tried discussing the issues with the OP and he refused to hold a civil discussion about his concerns/problems.

Originally Posted by neatojones View Post
The thing is that it wasn't trolling when he posted his expectations in the original post. It became trolling when people tried discussing the issues with the OP and he refused to hold a civil discussion about his concerns/problems.
I think you should read the title again.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Here's the problem I have with this whole thing: the OP keeps claiming that it doesn't work "as advertised". Advertised... where, exactly? I would have never heard of the Nokia ITs if not for a friend of mine who had one, so I don't see how you can claim that it doesn't work as advertised if it's not advertised at all.

Perhaps the OP is talking about some review (s)he read online? If they point it out, maybe some people can help them accomplish what the want to. As it is, any form of help has just led to another "you are all stupid" post by the OP.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
sunnydips,

I thanked you above, because my N8x0's have gotten me through many similar circumstances.

Tim

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
And it should be an application for (*sigh*) Windows, because this is what most people have.
No, it should be an application for the internet tablet, because that is what everyone has.

The tablet can start up a process to optimise (in the background, as a low-priority task) any new media files for best experience on the tablet. There can be a control panel setting to keep or discard the original files.

Then, we can transfer media files via any device (doesn't need to be a Windows PC, can be by Bluetooth from a phone, or onto the tablet as a USB mass storage device, or downloaded directly using MicroB, or whatever).

Regards,
Roger

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
No, it should be an application for the internet tablet, because that is what everyone has.
The tablet can start up a process to optimise (in the background, as a low-priority task) any new media files for best experience on the tablet. There can be a control panel setting to keep or discard the original files.
Kind of defeats the purpose. You're loosing compatibility with all codecs/format unavailable on the NIT, taking up more space, and spend *at least* 3-4x more time of the original runtime to convert it (and running your battery dry in the process). Not too practical, except as a last resort.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
n810 is a ripoff, n900 is useless, nokia ripoff, not as advertised, paid too much, unresponsive