Closed Thread
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
It's called a delusion:
1.) A false personal belief that is not subject to reason or contradictory evidence and is not explained by a person's usual cultural and religious concepts (so that, for example, it is not an article of faith)
2.) A false belief that is resistant to confrontation with actual facts; The state of being deluded or misled; That which is falsely or delusively believed or propagated; false belief; error in belief

Reference: See my last post.

Originally Posted by Omega View Post
I can't believe the culture of mediocrity everybody here forces on themselves.
For me, this tells your whole story. You own(ed) an exceptional gadget and you never really knew it. Well, most of us like and know what we have, and most of us know what our devices can and can't do. So, here we'll be wallowing in our mediocrity. Please send us a postcard from perfection.

LOL

More speculation. More denial.

You guys are all well practiced hecklers and trolls.

Edit: I'll be nice.

Last edited by neatojones; 2009-04-01 at 03:19.

LOL

More speculation. More denial.

You guys are all well practiced hecklers and trolls.
Thank you. I'm not above stooping to your level.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Charlotte, NC
Omega...I admit that there are some on this forum who, in my opinion, will criticize and attack anyone stating a negative opinion about the Nokia tablets...but you really have brought this on yourself.

There have been several posts where members have asked you questions trying to help you out. All you do is vent your spleen at everyone here.

I know next to nothing about Linux, but have received help from many members here (both in response to my requests for help and just by reading). We all, to varying degrees, believe that the tablet is a great device.

I notice that you are viewing this thread now (and have been for the last 5 minutes or so)...if this is not your cup of tea, then just let it go. You can go back to thinking we are all a bunch of idiots and we can go back to enjoying the amazing functionality of the Nokia tablets.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eetimm For This Useful Post:
Topic change: Everything's Amazing, nobody's happy.

Did every take a moment to watch the video I posted several pages back? It's not just funny. It's very true.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
I like pie.

Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by neatojones View Post
Topic change: Everything's Amazing, nobody's happy.

Did every take a moment to watch the video I posted several pages back? It's not just funny. It's very true.
I did, really enjoyed it.

Honestly, I think part of it comes from the complexity of it. Neal Stephenson in his book "In the Beginning was the Command Line" uses the difference between taxi service in New York and Egypt. It's a great read if you get a minute. What I'm trying to say is, patience arises from understanding. 100 years ago, the most technical concepts were largely able to be understood by everyone. Today it's a little different. Even common terms like 'theory' aren't fully understood by a significant portion of society, resulting in debates about the validity of Evolution.

Anyway, it was a great link.

More denial.
It's sad that you're not taking this opportunity to learn something. What exactly do you think you know that this community as a collective (IRC #maemo and maemo.org inclusive) doesn't already know about Nokia tablets? Don't bother, I'll answer that one: nothing. So what exactly has been your point? Again, read your title. This has been nothing but a car wreck from your first words. The exception is that the cops let the rubber-neckers get out and take a look. And some of us are still just sittin' here waitin' for the ambulance to show up.

Closed Thread

Tags
n810 is a ripoff, n900 is useless, nokia ripoff, not as advertised, paid too much, unresponsive