Active Topics

I can't say where I got this info other than an OS guy in Nokia's tablet division. There will be no more updates for Diablo at all. All efforts are on Fremantle, and no one has worked on Diablo in an official capacity since the last SSU went to QA.

Anon since I don't want anyone in trouble.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leakfrog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Ok, that was expected. Who is surprised if this is true? Not me...

When mer becomes better, it will probably be the equivalent of OS2009 Hacker Edition. Community > Company once again...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Saint Paul, mn
So we are on our own out here. Hopefully they will open up the sound driver code so Nitdroid and other variations can work with it.

So in the end, we're either stuck with what we have, or go with a community OS. Speaking of which, how's Mer doing?

It's no big secret, just look at bugzilla. Lots of WONTFIX in Diablo and not a single "fixed in internal build x" since the last SSU, not even on bugs with patches.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I remember mara said this a while ago here. So it's not really news. Still it's always surprising to see how inept and nonprofessional Nokia handles their customer relations.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
There goes the promissed updates for n810

The Following User Says Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:
This has been done to death in other threads and it gets tiring after a while. For better or worse Mer is the long-term future for the current devices at least.

For the shorter term, perhaps if we had official confirmation that there will be no more SSUs (so zero risk of breaking them) we could roll out a community repository with bug fixes for the adventurous.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by lma View Post
For the shorter term, perhaps if we had official confirmation that there will be no more SSUs (so zero risk of breaking them) we could roll out a community repository with bug fixes for the adventurous.
i guess the problem here is that nokia will not make such a official statement. their "statement" will be the launch of the next device, running fremantle.

nokia never officially end-of-life a device, they just stop production and then remove it from their page some time later.

So since Nokia announced the all-new-fangled technology about over the air SSU and all that jingbang some time back - all we got was a measly few updates - like around 2-4 only. And thats the end of the updates.

What a let down - when they beat the SSU drum so much I had thought we might get something worth being excited about.

Anyways on to the next device - I hate this march on and on - having being bitten by the Zaurus life-cycle once.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:

Tags
diablo, ssus